chap. 24 || number

An: just to remind y'all, that I love you 💕 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"First year, class 6. Teshiro Tamahiko. Nice to meet you, L/n."

You blinked the both of your eyes after he introduced himself. Such an interesting feature coming from him. He also must be very intelligent too. He had this kind of aura that made you feel comfortable as well, just like Fukunaga's.

Before you were about to say anything else, Naoi interrupts the conversation between you and the new member. "Oh! Tamahiko! You're here, already!?" He questions, surprised. The said teen nods his head. "H-How did you get in though?" Naoi adds. Tamahiko locked his eyes onto the ceiling before looking back at the coach, his answer already decided. "The backdoor was opened..."

"The backdoor wa- argh! They didn't locked it, well! Though, you shouldn't really barge in like that without permission..." Naoi tells the member, all stressed before sighing out. "Well whatever, just get ready for practice. Oh, I forgot. L/n, this is our new member of our team. Teshiro Tamahiko..." Naoi introduces to you, his hand almost like he was welcoming Teshiro. You bowed at him before Naoi spoke, "Alright, get dressed while waiting for the other members."

"Yes, sir!" You replied. On the way to the changing room, Teshiro continued to set the ball somewhere while you were watching on how his sets were. Was he the new setter for the team other than Kenma? His sets were great. Well, Kenma can't just set for everyone alone. The poor guy gets tired easily just by looking at him.

Entering the changing room, you quickly changed into your gym clothes before grabbing your needed stuff and leaving your bag inside the lockers. It was pretty hot today even after school, so you only had to wear your red gym pants and a black shirt for the day before going outside.

You had also brought along your pen and your usual notepad later on for practice so you can write down their current statuses for the day. On your way out, the other team members were all there, letting Naoi introduce themselves to Teshiro as a new member of the team. And as the number 9 of Nekoma.

It was a fresh start, so Yaku and the others gladly taught him how to receive or spike well. Yaku was eventually the most proud one to have him there on the team. He likes teaching the newbie. Like he was some sort of tutor to the new lad. It was adorable.

Moving on.

Right now, the team was practicing on receiving the ball. Naoi was on one side, while you were on the other side. Coach Yasufumi was making sure their postures were on the level he wanted and that their skills weren't becoming weaker until the spring inter-preliminaries.

Meanwhile, during their break, you made sure your team was up and steady while writing it down on your notepad. That was until Kuroo had to show up to your side.

"Hey, bunny-chan..." he calls out to you with a towel you gave him earlier around his shoulder. You stopped writing and faced him with a small smile, "Hello, Kuroo-Senpai. Is there anything you need?"