chap. 2 || club

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*9:35am

9:35am

"Hey, you look dead. You ok?"

You looked at Lilia before looking away and nodding your head. Yesterday, you had been watching the volleyball team practice all day, that you forgot that you had an assignment due to tomorrow in history. As you rubbed your sleepy eyes, you shook your head as a 'no' to Lilia. "I'm not ok. I spent the whole night finishing my history homework."

"Really? Did you even go somewhere yesterday? You must've went home late last night."

'You're the one to talk...' you thought to yourself. But you had to give her a smile, "I watched the volleyball club practice, yesterday. It was really amazing, I'm telling you. The coach there asked me to help him count their scores on each team. He told me that after summer break is on the hook, the volleyball team will be bringing other teams here in Tokyo. Even from the Miyagi prefecture!!" You said, trying to make her sound surprised. But Lilia really did sound surprised.

"Thats so cool!! Too bad that I'm already part of the choir club. I could've had been part of their club, instead. What a waste..." she says, mumbling the last part. You let out a laugh, "Don't be silly. It's the boy's volleyball team. You can't join them. They're males. Well...unless you're...you know...I don't know if that's allowed, but there is the girl's volleyball here, right?"

"No, I meant like their manager," Lilia excused. You passed for a second. "Manager? Like...a manager for the boy's team?" You asked. Lilia nodded her head, "Yeah. Something like that. The team manager keeps a busy schedule, making sure the team is up and running. She also manages equipment, helps plan team functions, organizes paperwork for camps and clinics, and helps host tournaments. But I'm not sure I'm up for those kind of things. I'm busy with the choir club..." she flexed as she laid almost half of her body down the table.

You were pissed at this point, but you managed yourself to stay calm. "Hey! Hey! How about you become their lady manager, instead? I mean, that could work, right? Since you don't have a club at all," Lilia asks you. You looked at her, face mixed with confusion and shock. "Wait-really?"

"Yeah. Since you can't find a club, I bet the boy's volleyball club could work for you as their lady manager. I heard they always wanted one," Lilia teased. Damn, how much you wanted to punch her so much in the face.

"I can't. I have to concentrate on my studies..." you told her as you continued to read your textbook in English. Lilia laughed as she stood up from the chair, which made your anger even more higher than before. "Ok, if you say so. Are you going to watch them practice again, later?" She questioned. You nodded your head.

"Yeah, they were kind of entertaining to watch. Plus, the coach asked me yesterday to help him manage the team. I can't decline a good looking coach now, can I?"

"The coach is good looking? Nice. Well, whatever. Join the team or not I don't care it's your choice anyways. I'm out towards the canteen," Lilia told you before disappearing outside the door. After she did, you smashed your head down on top of the table. You didn't exactly know how much you hated her. Why were you exactly still friends with Lilia?