chap. 11 || favor

AN: y'all are thirsty ~^~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~^~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After saying farewell to Karasuno...

You quickly made your way inside the gym to help your team with training. You had forgotten about what Kuroo has asked you earlier while you two were still near the shack where Lev pulled you in along with him. But earlier, Kiyoko and Yachi asked for you number so they could text or either call you when they made it back to Miyagi safe and sound. You were about glad they already saw you as a friend. So you exchanged numbers with the two.

But pretty much, you still had a few more minutes until practice is over, and it was time to go back to Nekoma high and take a rest. When you made it back inside, you immediately walked over to Kuroo who was having a conversation with Bokuto as usual. Those two never seemed to have stopped joking with each other, and it was already usual for you to see them together.

"Umm...Kuroo-Senpai," you called out to the ravenette. Both of them looked at you in sync. However, Bokuto was the first one who had a reaction. "Oh, wow! Kuroo, you didn't tell me your team actually had a manager! I'm surprised that you guys managed to find one!" he says, almost like he was teasing him.

Kuroo scoffed at him. "Whatever, you horned owl bastard. At least our manager has a bigger brain than yours," He said, causing Bokuto to fume in anger.

"WHAT'DYA SAY?!"

"Bokuto-San, please don't be so loud." Akaashi scolded, giving him a pat on his shoulder. Bokuto turned his head to face Akaashi, a dissatisfied look on his face, almost like a child's face butting his parent to buy him the toy he wants. "BUT AKAASHI, DID YOU HEAR WHAT HE JUST SAID?! HE TOLD ME THAT THEIR MANAGER IS SMARTER THAN ME! THAT'S NOT TRUE, RIGHT?!" Bokuto says in a quick manner, almost making you confused of how Akaashi was able to understand him.

Akaashi gave you a quick glance. And you gotta say, your face immediately burned and you felt like you were on your knees. Like damn, even his name was prettier than yours.

"He's probably just trying to say it as an insult. Don't get so kept up with it, it's not like he really meant it in that way. You're very childish sometimes, you know?" Akaashi says before leaving Bokuto's side. The Fukurodani captain was now hiding in a corner after the pretty setter did his damage.

Kuroo laughed, "Thats what he gets. He's a dumbass, sometimes. I often don't understand of how this guy is one of the top 5 aces in Japan," Kuroo says, making you wince when he said the word, 'Ace.'

"Top 5 aces? Of Japan?!" You repeated, hopping a little. He nodded. "Kind of cool, right? But I'm about to ruin this guy's reputation once we face each other in the spring high preliminaries," Kuroo says, letting out a fearful grin which made you a bit frightened because it was also like he was threatening you.

"Anyways, about the favor I asked you for help..."

"Oh! Yes, what is it?" You asked, nervously hiding both of your hands behind your back as you started to feel a bit anxious. Kuroo shot a grin at you, before grabbing a volleyball and rolling it on the tip of his finger. "Help me toss these balls, will ya? Kai and Yaku are both busy today so I thought if I could ask our lady manager for help."