liv. a spirit that won't be broken

"DESPITE THE SPELL I cast, the very integrity of the pendant is growing unstable

       "DESPITE THE SPELL I cast, the very integrity of the pendant is growing unstable. It won't be able to hold Elijah's soul much longer. We need to find a way to resurrect him tonight, or we could lose him forever." Freya explains, setting the pendant down. Earlier this morning Hayley had brought it to their attention that even though they fixed the pendant it had began to crack again.

"To do that, we'll need more power." Hayley mutters.

"Let me guess, a grand sacrifice." Klaus drawls.

"I say we kill our enemy and sacrifice her, then I can channel the power from the Hollow's death, raise Elijah's body, and place him back where he belongs." Freya voices her idea.

"We've tried everything." Hayley exclaims.

"And we've come close. Cullen is her Achilles' heel. She's the only one that can kill the Hollow for good." Freya continues.

"No." Klaus shakes his head, speaking before Cullen can. "If the Hollow has the chance she will take hold of Cullen's body."

"Listen the Hollow is going to come after Cullen no matter what, at least this way we'll have the element of surprise. Hope has been obsessed with the symbol that follows the Hollow: the serpent consuming itself. Now, I believe the only means to which the Hollow can be destroyed is her own blood. The Hollow's one end of the James bloodline. Cullen is the other. And we need to close that loop. The best way to do that is for Cullen to use her magic to kill the Hollow." Freya declares.

"Then we make it work." Hayley nods, ignoring the glare Klaus sends her as she walks out of the room.

"Everything will be fine." Cullen assures him, placing a kiss on his cheek before leaving the room as well.

-

After saying goodbye to her daughter and Klaus, Cullen, Hayley, and Freya track down the Hollow. "Are you okay?" Hayley asks Freya as the women make their way towards the house the Hollow had been using.

"Yeah." Freya sighs. "I never thought twice about fighting or dying for family before. But now, with Keelin..."

"Now you have someone you're afraid you're not gonna make it home to. You will make it home, Freya. We got your back." Cullen smiles at the older woman.

Freya is quiet for a moment before she nods. "Thank you, both of you. For being the family I always wanted." All three women smile at one another before turning to the house, the mood drastically changing as the walk in. As soon as the enter the house the door behind them slams, alerting them that their presence is known. "I guess she knows we're here."

They walk past the dead bodies in the foyer, moving deeper into the house. As Cullen pushes open the door leading into what would have been the living room Hayley and Freya are thrown back, the Hollow walking down the steps of the house to join them. Before Cullen can fight back her head is twisted to the side and she drops to floor, dead.

Letting out a gasp Cullen shoots up, looking around to see she's in a field. A peaceful looking place filled with nothing but miles and miles of open land. She spins around, trying to see if there was any of escape, but the only other thing near her was the Hollow, the woman still looking every bit like Cullen, but now she seemed paler, more sick.

"I've miss you, Cullen." Inadu greets, a sinister smile on her face.

"Bite me." Cullen snaps, glaring at the woman as she tries to use magic.

"That won't work here." Inadu sighs, glancing around. "This is where I was borne down while it may feel real this is all just a dream so I control you. While your in here I'm in the real world, gaining the power I need to take over your body."

"Why do you want me so badly?" Cullen shakes her head. "I'm sure I'm not the only powerful witch around."

"No." Inadu agrees. "But you're not just a witch, Cullen. You are one of the most powerful creatures to walk this earth. And it doesn't hurt that we look alike, I'd hate to part from my body, but at least with you I'll still see myself."

"Even if you somehow get me it won't be long before my family kills you. Before my daughter kills you." Cullen speaks up.

"Do you think so?" Inadu questions, walking around Cullen. "Because you know what I think? I think that they won't be strong enough to do it. I don't think your daughter will be strong enough to kill her own mother and when she hesitates I will kill her and take her power." Cullen lunges forward, tackling the woman to the ground. Before she can get her hands around her throat Inadu's body vanishes from underneath her causing Cullen to jump up, seeing the woman had appeared behind her. "Now Cullen, is that anyway to treat your however many great-grandmother?"

"If you touch my daughter I will break every bone in your body and smile while doing it." Cullen threatens.

"There she is." Inadu cheers causing Cullen to take a step back, knowing that while the Hollow distracted her things in the real world were still progressing.

"There's the wicked witch I've heard so much about. I have searched for you for years. I listened as everyone told tales of the great and frightening Klaus Mikaelson and then one day I heard your name. Cullen James, the first ever heretic and I thought how peculiar. The day I found you I could barely believe it. It all seemed too perfect. I knew one day I would have you, but while I waited I watched. I saw your power flourish and there were moments when I thought you were going to let the darkness take over, but it never happened. I can't wait to do it for you. You think you're powerful now, Cullen? You have no idea what you can do. Unfortunately, you will never know either. But your family will, your husband, your daughter. They'll all see how powerful you truly are and when I'm done burning New Orlean's to the ground I'll make sure to tell them." Inadu leans forward, placing her lips next to Cullen's ear. "Always and Forever means nothing to witches like us."

Gapsing Cullen shoots up, back in the real world. "Cullen." Freya calls, her and Hayley running over to the witch. "Hey, are you alright?"

"Did Klaus break the totem?" Cullen questions, glancing towards them. Another obstacle in their way. The Hollow was using a totem to act as a shield so she'd be untouchable if anyone tried to kill her.

"I hope so. But we can't wait. You need to kill the Hollow. You think you'll be strong enough?" Freya helps the heretic up.

Cullen nods, glancing between Hayley and Freya. "Let's do this." The three of them speed upstairs, Cullen leading the way as she uses her magic to throw open the door of the room the Hollow's in.

The Hollow spins around immediately, having expected them. Using her magic she sends the three up them to the ground, pain shooting through their bodies. Pushing through it Cullen quickly stands up, muttering a spell that sends a dagger flying into the Hollow's throat. Letting out a cry the ancient witch falls to the ground, her spell no longer holding Hayley and Freya down. Speeding forward Cullen moves to stand above the woman, beginning to mutter a spell.

The Hollow can feel it's affects taking over, her life force being drained away. "Do it." The Hollow urges, knowing that even though she hadn't had enough time to finish the spell to transfer her spirt into Cullen, she would get it. Cullen let's out a scream, thrusting her hands forward as she continues to chant the spell, the building around them beginning to shake.

"That's enough." Freya pulls her away from the witch. "She's gone." The three of them watch as Inadu takes her last breath, her body falling limp. "She's gone."