xi. is peace an option

A MONTH HAD passed

       A MONTH HAD passed. In this month Cullen had barely talked to Klaus. She kept mostly to herself, only hanging out with Elijah or Hayley and while she used to have conflicting feelings about it she couldn't help the the smile that grew on her face when she noticed her stomach had gotten bigger. Cullen knew that in her time icing out Klaus, he had taken in a bed mate and while that made matters only worse she knew Elijah was trying to guide him on the right path.

A sigh falls from her mouth when she hears her phone ringing, picking it up Cullen reads the name before answering. "Hey, Hayley."

"Do you know about it?" At Hayley's question, Cullen sits up slightly.

"Do I know about what?" Cullen replies.

"Elijah's holding a summit." Hayley begins. "It's essentially a power grab between the vampires and wolves, but he claims it's a piece treaty. Elijah almost didn't tell me, but I found out. When I got there, there was only a human, wolf, and vampire representative. No witch." At Hayley's words Cullen feels a slight sting. She thought at least Elijah would have her back.

"Thank you, Hayley, for letting me know. I'll talk to Elijah." Cullen tells her.

"Good luck." Turning off her phone Cullen slowly pulls herself off her bed, a hand on her growing stomach. Walking through the compound she tries her best to avoid Klaus' room.

"Elijah." Cullen calls, entering his room. "Elijah."

"Cullen." Elijah greets, walking towards her. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, Elijah. Not too happy about this secret summit though." Cullen drawls.

Elijah shakes his head, he should have known Hayley would tell her. "Cullen I did not mean to keep this a secret."

"Perfect." Cullen smiles, knowing Elijah was lying. "Then I'll be the witches representative."

"Cullen." Elijah tries to stop her before she can leave, but she's already out the door.

-

"God is it a frat party or a summit?" Cullen questions, glancing towards Hayley as she walks back into her room.

"It is a little odd." Hayley laughs. "Not exactly Elijah's style."

"How's that going?" Cullen continues when she notices Hayley's face. "You and Elijah."

Hayley shakes her head, but Cullen can see a slight blush. "There is no me and Elijah."

Cullen laughs, rolling her eyes. "Whatever you say."

"So who did you invite tonight?" Hayley exclaims, changing the subject. "What witches did you ask to come? I didn't exactly think you and the witches were tight."

"We're not." Cullen sighs. "But I suppose New Orleans is my home now and it'll be my daughters home soon so I might as well play nice with the other witches. I invited Davina and whoever she thought would be the best to come. She's not exactly besties with the witches either so I hoped she would bring people she trusts."

"Smart." Hayley comments before jumping up from Cullen's bed. "Alright, lets get you dressed."

-

"You look beautiful." A familiar voice compliments causing Cullen to tense slightly. Glancing over her shoulder, she looks Klaus up and down before mumbling out a quick thanks. "How long are you going to ignore me, Cullen?"

At his question Cullen turns around. "Probably until I need you to change a diaper."

"Dance with me?" Klaus ignores her comment, reaching out his hand.

Cullen stands still for a moment, staring at his hand before finally taking it. Klaus pulls them out onto the dance floor as a slow song begins. "I wasn't saying that just to butter you up." Klaus exclaims running his hand over the necklace sitting on Cullen's throat. "You truly look beautiful." Cullen arches an eyebrow, glancing down at the obvious baby bump. Klaus lets out a small laugh at her expression, placing a hand on her stomach. "Baby bump and all."

"You can't just win me over with compliments." Cullen tells him as Klaus spins her around, catching her off guard as he pulls her a bit closer.

"It's so fun though." Klaus whispers in her ear, causing goosebumps to appear on her skin.

"Did you know about Elijah's decision to not invite the witches?" Cullen asks him, ignoring his closeness.

"It was my idea." Klaus states, causing Cullen to pull away slightly.

"God, you're awful." Cullen exclaims.

Before she walk away from him, Klaus pulls her back to him. "It was my idea because I knew you would want to be involved. I didn't want you in a room with hundreds of wolves and vampires, angry ones at that."

"When are you going to learn that I can take care of myself?" Cullen questions, finally escaping Klaus' hold.

-

The night was winding to an end and Cullen couldn't be happier. After her dance with Klaus she had strictly stuck with Hayley, barely leaving the other woman's side and any minute now they would be signing the peace treaty.

"I'm sorry." Cullen mumbles, accidentally bumping into someone on her way out of the bathroom, but when she notices who it is her face hardens. "Oh, it's you."

"Hello, Cullen." Genevieve greets.

"Genevieve." In the month Cullen had been ignoring Klaus she had seen this woman entering and exiting his room at all hours of the night, after a while she got curious and asked Elijah who she was. "What are you doing here?"

Genevieve lets out a condescending laugh. "I am a witch after all."

"Right." Cullen drawls, attempting to walk past her. She's stopped by hand on her arm, pulling her back slightly. Cullen glances down at Genevieve's hand before looking up at her. "Yes?"

"Just wanted to let you know, now that the elders are dead I will be taking over as regent of the witches." Genevieve tells her.

Cullen lets a smile appear on her face as she shakes her head. "I don't think so. I don't know if you realize this, but you're in my house because I invited you. You're here because of me. I will be signing the peace treaty and from there we will decide who becomes regent. I may not be from New Orleans, but this is my home now."

"I have supporters." Genevieve begins, a smirk on her face. "They want me to be regent."

"You mean your creepy harvest girls you brought back?" Cullen questions, excluding Davina from that category. "Yeah, I image if I brought people back from the dead they'd be grateful to."

"It's simple really. You lack the power, the focus, and the heritage to be regent. I am the obvious choice." Genevieve continues. "Who knows maybe you're child will come out favoring Klaus and I can teach her some real magic."

Genevieve's words snap a cord in Cullen as the younger girl lifts her hand, using her magic to choke the redhead. "If you mention my daughter again I will kill you." Cullen threatens, her magic slamming Genevieve into the wall across from them. "And I have plenty of power." Cullen releases her, watching as she slides down the wall, a hand on her throat. "Have a good evening, Genevieve. I have a treaty to sign."