lvi. to be continued

"THE HOLLOW HAS been haunting New Orleans for centuries

"THE HOLLOW HAS been haunting New Orleans for centuries." Vincent explains. "It's an unending evil. Its appetite for power is insatiable. And that's what attracted it to your little girl."

"You said there was a way to save her." Klaus interrupts.

"There is. But I'm gonna tell you right now, you are not gonna like my plan." Vincent states. "Step one: we pull the Hollow out of Hope. Step two: we find someplace else to put it. But with Cullen out of the question, I need a place that's both powerful and eternal. And in order to make the transition work, I'm gonna need something that's connected to Hope through blood."

"You need a vampire. You want to put the Hollow into one of my siblings?" Freya accuses.

Vincent shakes his head. "One ain't gonna cut it. I'm gonna need four of them."

"Why four of us?" Elijah questions.

"Well, 1,500 years ago, when the Hollow was first killed, they divided her remains. Four bones, four volunteers, four different locations. That's how we're going to beat the Hollow now." Vincent confirms.

"Transfer the Hollow's power into four immortal vampires." Freya claims.

"And just send us on our way." Rebekah arches an eyebrow.

"So the evil is drawn, quartered and separated for all time." Klaus acknowledges.

"And you have to go your separate ways, and you have to stay separate. For all time." Vincent states causing the family to glance between one another.

"This can not be happening again." Cullen whispers, shaking her head.

"You can never see each other again. Can never go near each other again." Vincent continues. "That is the only way that we're gonna beat the Hollow."

Klaus nods. "Well, if it'll save my little girl, then we will make it so." They disperses leaving Cullen and Klaus by themselves. Not being able to deal with the thought of never seeing her family again Cullen makes her way to the entrance of the compound. "Where are you going?" Klaus stops her.

"I'm going to find our daughter." Cullen states. "I can't stay here knowing she's out there." Releasing Cullen, Klaus watches as she walks out before turning to begin preparing for the spell.

Cullen runs through the streets of New Orleans searching for Hope. Her heart stops when screams are heard in the distance, knowing that her daughter was most likely the cause of them. Speeding towards the noise Cullen stops when she sees Hope, leading a group of witches.

"Hope! Hope!" Cullen yells, running towards her daughter. "Baby, I know you can hear me. I need you to fight her."

Hope tilts her head to the side. "Hmm, You think you can stop me?"

"I'm not gonna let you take her." Cullen raises her voice. She watches as Hope raises her hand, Cullen's feet suddenly lifting from the ground. Before she can use her magic to stop her, her neck is snapped, the world around her going black.