xxiv. wedding day

"WHAT DO YOU think you're doing?" Klaus questions as he enters Cullen's room

       "WHAT DO YOU think you're doing?" Klaus questions as he enters Cullen's room. She ignores him, frantically packing a bag. "Cullen."

"Elijah said they're on the road." Cullen states, finally turning to Klaus. "So, I'm going to go to them and get my daughter."

"Cullen-" Klaus tries to stop her as she walks past him.

"Do not tell me that it's not safe. I'll tell you what's not safe-- blowing up a house just to keep your evil brother from finding her." Cullen snaps, recalling the memory of what Hayley and Elijah had to do to get away from Finn.

"We will deal with Finn." Klaus sighs.

"And then what?" Cullen raises her voice. "Every time you kill him, he's just going to jump into another body."

"We tried running. We tried hiding. Neither will work." Klaus exclaims.

"So what's your bright idea?" Cullen questions, just wanting to be with her daughter.

"As it happens, I am working on a plan as we speak." Klaus responds. "One which will be bolstered greatly if you just calm down and keep your eye on the prize."

Cullen cuts him off before he can even finish his sentence. "Do not manage me, I have every right to--"

"Cullen." Klaus stops her. "It is Hayley's wedding day. Now I promised you we could have a bloody wedding at the compound and that is what we will do and once it is over Finn will have no more wolves loyal to him."

"Hayley's not even here Klaus." Cullen snaps. "Are you really telling me to focus on a wedding when our daughter is still in danger?"

Klaus nods. "Today, I am."

-

"I am going to kill Klaus." Cullen mutters to herself as she looks around the compound, noticing nothing looked the way she planned it. She followed Klaus' instructions, waiting patiently for news about Hope and when none came she decided to make her way to the courtyard. The first thing she noticed was that nothing she had order had come, which annoyed her immensely. The second thing she noticed was the Hayley still wasn't here.

"Cullen." Klaus calls for her, causing her to turn around, a glare on her face. "If I might intrude with your obvious annoyance towards me, there's someone who wishes to say hello." Cullen shakes her head, following Klaus nonetheless. When she sees who's waiting for her, her eyes widen. Hayley, Elijah, and Hope.

"You brought them here?" Cullen turns towards Klaus. "Finn could be anywhere."

"I've taken precautions. There'll be no uninvited guests at Hayley's wedding, and after, her wolves will be the first line of defense to this home." Klaus tells her. Cullen looks towards Hayley for reassurance which the brunette gives, nodding her head.

Knowing that for now they were all safe, Cullen moves forward, taking Hope out of Hayley's arms. "Hi, princess." Smiling, she walks over to Klaus, letting him say hi to their daughter as she giggles with glee at the sight of her parents.