lxv. a release

"YOU'RE LETTING HER do what?" Cullen shouts, glaring at Klaus

"YOU'RE LETTING HER do what?" Cullen shouts, glaring at Klaus. "Are you insane?"

"Listen she said he's the one she wanted so I just th-" Klaus begins only for Cullen to cut him off.

"Just because our daughter has murderous tendencies like you doesn't mean you can indulge them." Cullen snaps. "I can't believe you kidnapped a teenage boy so our daughter could kill him. What goes through your brain when you make these decisions?"

"Well she must have got her mercy from you because she couldn't kill him so there's nothing to worry about." Klaus shrugs.

"Try to sound a little more disappointed please." Cullen exclaims, arching an eyebrow at him.

"Elijah has come up with a plan-" Klaus is almost immediately stopped.

"Oh, things just keep getting better and better don't they?" Cullen waves her hands in the air, tired of hearing Klaus and his stupid ideas.

"Elijah believes that by allowing Hope to kill the rest of Greta's vampires she'll feel better, his girlfriend is the one that came up with it." Klaus explains.

"Oh." Cullen fained being shocked. "Well that just makes things so much better. Not only have you mysteriously started to trust Elijah again you want our fifteen year old daughter to murder a bunch of vampires?"

"I do not just Elijah." Klaus corrects her before sighing, defatted. "It's the only way I know how to make her feel better."

Cullen sighs, shaking her head. "Fine, but I'm coming with you guys."

A confused expression passes over Klaus' face. "Love, you know you can't be around her."

"I can-" Cullen passes him as she flips through her grimoire. "I can cast a barrier spell around myself so no magic can touch me, it won't last long especially with the Hollow's magic fighting it, but it should last long enough for us to do this."

-

"Mom." Hope breathes out when she notices her mother, she stops, waiting for the voices to become unbearable but when they don't she smiles. "What's going on?"

"I put a barrier spell around myself." Cullen mumbles as she hugs her daughter. Klaus and her had just reached St. Anne's where Hope had been waiting for them. "For now we're safe."

"Come on." Klaus quietly urges them into the church as Elijah begins speaking to Greta's vampires.

"Tonight, we go to war." Elijah begins, walking into the church. "But those of you who are not resolute in the belief that we are the one and the only true species the time for you to leave is now."

"We're with you." A man speaks up, the rest of the vampires following behind him in agreement.

Elijah nods, playing the part. "Now, Greta died in the name of purity, and thanks to the unwavering conviction of her followers, particularly those of you who chose to lead when she was gone, her message lives on. So now, for those who stood by her, you will share her fate."

As his words ring throughout the building Klaus, Cullen, and Hope make their presence known, entering the main room of the church.

"What are they doing here?" The man from earlier questions, turning to face Elijah.

"The road to redemption is long and winding, but worthy." Elijah quips. As the man tries to run to the nearest exit Hope raises her hand, pulling him back.

"You betrayed us." The man shouts.

"We told you what my mother thought." Elijah's new girlfriend, Antoinette exclaims.

"And we never said we agreed." Elijah finishes.

"You can leave them to us now." Klaus speaks up, watching as Elijah and Antoinette speed away. Klaus smirks, glancing towards his wife before his eyes land on his daughter. "Go on, sweetheart, let it all out." Stepping forward Hope raises her hands, letting out a scream accompanied by a blast of blue magic.

Once all the vampires are down Hope let's out a deep breath, walking between their bodies. "Are they all dead?"

"Immortality isn't for everyone." Klaus shrugs. "You should consider what you did an act of public service."

"Hope." Cullen calls gently. "Are you okay?"

"I'm, um, numb." Hope responds causing Cullen to turn to Klaus, worry written on her face. She knew this wasn't a good idea, but she also knew the Hollow's magic had to have been eating Hope alive. "Are they gonna come back? The lines and and-and the whispers?"

"I don't know." Klaus tells her. A sudden clang in the attic turns all their attention as they run upstairs, Klaus and Cullen freezing when they see a human on the verge of death.

"Is he gonna live?" Hope cries, eyes wide.

"We'll take care of this." Cullen assures, placing a quick kiss on Hope's head. "Get out of here."

"Mom." Hope tries to cling to her mother. "Dad."

"Now!" Klaus raises his voice, turning to face his daughter. His tone is enough to send Hope backing out of the room as Cullen turns to help Klaus with healing the human.

"Klaus, if he dies..." Cullen trails off.

"I know." Klaus mutters, biting into his wrist. It takes a moment, but the man finally wakes. Klaus and Cullen both sigh, a breath of relief passing their lips. "You picked the wrong day to find religion."

The man coughs, still dripping with blood as he looks around. "Where's Bill?"

Klaus and Cullen's eyes widen as Cullen shoots up, searching the wrecked attic for another person. When she spots a limp hand, her lungs constrict as she peels back piles of fallen debris. A bloody man laid under everything, his heart no longer pumping. "Oh, my god." Cullen mumbles, glancing towards Klaus. "He's dead."