vii. to new orleans

CULLEN MAKES A face of disgust as she watches Klaus bit into a random woman's wrist

CULLEN MAKES A face of disgust as she watches Klaus bit into a random woman's wrist. He had practically forced Cullen and Rebekah to eat breakfast with him and Cullen was almost positive she would rather be anywhere else. "Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Klaus questions, glancing up at his sister.

"No. Should I have?" Rebekah replies.

"He's been mysteriously silent-- avoiding me, some might say." Klaus smiles, going back to focusing on the woman dripping blood into his cup. "I thought perhaps he may have whispered reasons into your ear. Along with all of those sweet nothings."

Rebekah rolls her eyes at his comment. "If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you."

Klaus takes a deep breath, taking a seat as he looks between Rebekah and Cullen. "Let me give a voice to that look in both of your eyes. 'My saintly noble brother lies writhing in agony in the Bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite, when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain.'"

"On the contrary, Nik, I am simply enjoying my brekkie along with Cullen, waiting for Elijah's healthy return." Rebekah smiles.

"Oh, come on girls." Klaus continues to bait them. "You've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it."

"I personally just think you are an ass." Cullen comments, taking a sip of her tea.

Rebekah laughs slightly at the woman's words before becoming serious. "Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth."

Klaus slams his hand against the table, pointing towards Rebekah. "Poppycock. I would never bite you. Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions towards my child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger."

Rebekah hums, standing up from the table to lean towards Klaus. "There is something fundamentally wrong with you."

With Rebekah gone Klaus turns towards Cullen waiting for her to say something. Cullen shrugs, getting up from the table as well. "She's not wrong."

-

Another boring day passed filled with nothing but reading and waiting on one of the Mikaelson's to come home and while Cullen could appreciate some peace and quiet she felt like she was going out of her mind.

A sudden crash coming from the study caused Cullen to jump out of bed only to walk in on Klaus holding a dagger to Rebekah's throat. "Klaus, what the hell?"

"Niklaus, don't you dare." Elijah suddenly comes up from behind Cullen.

"Perhaps it should be you, brother." Klaus shouts, letting go of Rebekah to point the dagger towards Elijah. "Who died and made you the patriarch of this family? Next thing I know you'll be packing up Cullen and my child will be calling you father."