xlv. the city that hates us

"GOOD LORD, THAT one has some lungs on him

"GOOD LORD, THAT one has some lungs on him." Rebekah drawls as she drops the dead body in her hands to the ground. "He should've been an opera singer. Might've ended better for him, actually."

"Is this absolutely necessary?" Freya questions, clearly annoyed with her siblings.

"That depends." Rebekah shrugs. "Do you want us at our full strength, or do you plan on rescuing Nik on your own?"

"Well, death rattles are distracting, and I'm trying to break a cloaking spell." Freya states.

"Kol, would you please?" Elijah finally shouts, having enough of Kol and his desire to hear his victim scream. When the screaming stops Elijah nods. "Thank you. You were saying?"

"I can sense. Klaus is still in New Orleans. Most likely somewhere underground. I can't get a read on exactly where, unless I'm in the city itself." Freya explains.

"Yeah. That's gonna be a problem." Cullen speaks up. "Hayley's lived in New Orleans for the last five years, she calls to update me every month. As you can imagine, the place is crawling with vampires, all of whom hate all of us. Whatever we do, we need to do it fast."

"Well, I wasn't planning on a pub crawl." Freya reasons. "I don't want to stay any longer than we have to. But we need to go."

"Whoa. Wait... Wait." Kol interrupts. "We're not doing this today?"

"Hasn't Nik suffered enough?" Rebekah questions, glaring at her brother.

"Yes. And I've died. Twice. I'm not about to give Marcel a shot at a third. Now, I say, we draw that Muppet out of town. And when he's gone..." Cullen cuts Kol off before he can finish.

"I have been away from my daughter and husband long enough. If you're afraid..." Cullen trails off.

"It's called being sensible." Kol exclaims. "Until you and Freya can make enough cure with your werewolf hostage, Marcel can basically chew through our bloody throats."

"Enough." Elijah states. "We're all in danger. We free Niklaus today. Even if I have to burn that city to the ground."

-

Deciding to split up Elijah and Rebekah make their way to Josh while Cullen, Freya, and Kol head to the cathedral.

"This is where you absolutely had to do a locator spell?" Kol questions as the trio walk into the run down bell tower.

"Ah, well, when I first moved to New Orleans, I primed this space. Marked it with my magic, made it mine." Freya explains. "I'm weak enough as it is. I'll still need Cullen's help, being here will only amplify our power."

"This dusty bell tower may be your own, but this is Marcel's city, and we're nothing but targets." Kol continues as Freya lays out a map on the only table in the room.