xix. a phantom

CULLEN SIGHS AS she looks over the city from her balcony

CULLEN SIGHS AS she looks over the city from her balcony. She didn't know whether to enjoy quiet moments like this or to hate them. On one hand it was nice to relax for a minute and take a breath, on the other hand if she was left alone with her thoughts for too long she began thinking about Hope. A sudden scream pulls her out of her thoughts all together though as she turns, walking back into the compound.

"Oh." Cullen drawls, entering Klaus' bedroom only to see him covered in blood. "So, I see your interrogation went well?"

"Eh, it turns out these witches are delicate creatures." Klaus exclaims. "No matter. I suspected my mother had Elijah captive."

"Great." Cullen nods. "Let's go find them."

Klaus shakes his head, moving towards the doorway between him and Cullen. "Esther is too powerful. She won't be easily found. I need to draw her out."

"Wait, where are you going?" Cullen stops him as he begins to close the door between them.

"I'm going to change my shirt." Klaus responds. "Would you like to watch?" Cullen scoffs, rolling her eyes as she shakes her head. Klaus smiles before becoming serious. "I'm going to find my brother."

"Let me come with you." Cullen exclaims.

Klaus moves forward, trying to make his point. "I know you want to help, Cullen, but my mother is wretched. She will target you in order to thwart me, and I can't very well save Elijah if I'm busy saving you, can I?" With that Klaus closes the door between them leaving Cullen to find her own way to help.

Making her way to her room she's stopped by Hayley. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Cullen questions.

"I'm here to ask you if you want to help with a rescue mission." Hayley tells her.

"Are we going after Elijah?" Cullen's eyebrows furrow.

"Nope. I'm talking about Oliver. Now, he and Elijah were fighting the werewolves together when they disappeared. I've heard that Oliver's been captured and is about to be executed. Now, look-- if we can save Oliver, then we might be able to find out where Elijah is." Hayley explains.

"Okay." Cullen nods. "What do you need from me?"

"I need you to find an Alpha." Hayley states. "I can take care of Finn, he's the one controlling the wolves and maybe I can talk to some of them, get them to see that they're on the wrong side."

"Got it." Cullen responds. "Where should I go first?"

"The Bayou."

-

If Cullen had to explain her ideal day it definitely wouldn't be this. While she was happy to help Hayley, she was not happy to trek around the humid Bayou. Nonetheless she did as Hayley instructed, beginning to search for the Alpha the free wolves had been following.