xvii. two abominations, one stone

CULLEN'S ONLY JUST woken up when her phone begins ringing

CULLEN'S ONLY JUST woken up when her phone begins ringing. "Hello?"

"Cullen." A light familiar voice responds.

"Davina." Cullen sits up, now wide awake. "Where the hell have you been? I've been trying to call you since I found out about Mikael. Thanks for that by the way."

"I'm sorry." Davina responds, though she knew Cullen meant no harm. "Things got a bit out of hand and I had to get away. And I- I just needed to talk to someone. Marcel and Cami have both been busy and I know your busy handling the witches-"

"It's alright." Cullen stops her, knowing what it was like to be alone. At this point the only other witch Cullen trusted was Davina, even with the whole Mikael resurrection bit. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"Yeah." Davina hums. "I'm okay." With that small sentiment the younger witch hangs up, leaving Cullen to start her morning. Of course that couldn't happen until she had at least one interaction with a Mikaelson brother.

"Where is my brother?" Elijah questions, entering Cullen's room without knocking.

Cullen sighs, reaching for her phone. "I'll check his calendar... Wait, no. Not his wife, so..."

"Cullen, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command. Now, considering it's your people who have the most control, now's not the best time for your particular brand of sass." Elijah drawls.

"Your mother and her idiotic witches are not my people." Cullen quips, standing from her bed. "And I guess I can look for Klaus, I'll text you when I find him." Accepting her response Elijah nods, exiting her bedroom. Cullen shakes her head as she reaches for a change of clothes, muttering to herself. "Good morning to you too, Cullen."

-

After a simple locator spell Cullen was able to find Klaus, he himself was searching for any un-loyal witch that would be willing to help him find Davina. "Hey." Cullen calls, gaining Klaus' attention as he exits one of the many voodoo shops in New Orleans. "What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to find a witch to perform a locator spell for me." Klaus tells her as she falls into line next to him.

"Locator spell for what?" Cullen questions.

Klaus smirks, glancing towards her as the continue down the busy street. "Not what. Who. I'm trying to find Davina."

"What do you plan on doing if you find her?" Cullen asks, trying to decide whether or not she should tell him that she had spoken to Davina earlier.

"Well, the way I see it, if Davina wants to use Mikael to kill me, we just have two options. One, you help me find her and then you reason with her. Two? Well, I don't think you'd like two very much." Klaus smiles.

Cullen takes a deep breath before finally giving in. "Fine. Lets go." Before Klaus can walk away she grabs ahold of his arm. "If we are going to do this, I need a drink first."