xxvii. st. james infirmary

"THIS IS NICE

"THIS IS NICE." Cullen exclaims, a small smile gracing her face as she looks towards Klaus. The two were walking the busy streets of New Orleans, with Hope. "I wish it could always be like this."

"I know." Klaus mumbles, his attention going to Hope. "We do need to talk about Dahlia."

"God." Cullen groans. "I am so tired of wicked witches."

"And you are?" Klaus jokes, nudging Cullen's side.

"Very funny." Cullen laughs shaking her head. The two parents smile at one another, Cullen's widens even more when Klaus reaches down, taking ahold of her hand. "Lets just enjoy right now. We can talk about Dahlia when we get home." Their contentment is interrupted when a sudden eerie sounding song begins playing from a nearby violin. "That song." Cullen stops walking. "What is it?"

"Flowers, miss?" A random man questions, walking up to the family of three. The man smiles weirdly before looking down at Hope. "A gift for the child."

"Uh, no, we're alright." Cullen shakes her head trying not to be rude. "Thank you."

"You sure?" The man presses. "Black dahlias are in bloom. They're quite lovely." At his words Klaus speeds forward, his hand wrapped around the man's throat.

"Show yourself, witch." Klaus hisses.

Another stranger brushes against Cullen's shoulder, causing her to turn around. "Klaus." Cullen calls, eyes wide as a woman stands in front of her, eyes completely white.

"I am here. I am everywhere. And I intend to take what is mine." The woman states.

"It's her." Klaus breathes as Cullen pulls Hope out of her carrier. "It's Dahlia."

-

"We need to find a new strategy." Elijah retorts after hearing what had happened to Klaus and Cullen. "Freya, if you please?"

Freya sighs, taking a seat across from Cullen at the dining table. "The spell you described... Dahlia calls it 'kenning'-- using proxies to watch her enemies from afar. But, I've never seen it done on quite this scale."

"Awesome." Cullen drawls. "So, basically every Hurricane-chugging, boob-flashing tourist on Bourbon Street is a potential spy."

"The good news is, I know a little about how her magic works." Freya reassures, setting a tray of tea cups on the table. "This tonic will at least prevent her from using any of us."

"Well, come on." Rebekah speaks up. "This should work like a charm. Bottoms up."

As the four of them drink the tonic Elijah sighs when he notices Klaus doesn't touch his cup. "Niklaus, is there something you wish to contribute?"

Klaus shrugs. "I prefer biscuits with my tea."

Elijah rolls his eyes at his brother's childish words. "Of course."