xlii. dead, dead, dead

THE HAPPINESS OF their current situation was overshadowed by the circumstances of today

THE HAPPINESS OF their current situation was overshadowed by the circumstances of today. Davina's funeral was meant to begin soon, casting a dark shadow over New Orleans. While Cullen tried not to let it diminish her mood, it did.

She stood in the back of the cemetery, watching from a distance as Davina's loved ones said goodbye. It was silly of her to be there, she knew she wouldn't be welcomed, but she wanted to say her own goodbye. The buzz of her phone pulled her attention away from the service as she looked at the screen. A message from Freya asking for help was waiting for her. Sighing Cullen pockets her phone, taking one last look at Davina's headstone before speeding away.

"Hey." Cullen calls as she enters the study. "What do you need?"

"Sister." Freya greets, putting her hand out. "I need to channel you. I'm trying to figure out if the prophecy against our family still stands, but every time I get close it scatters. I can't get a clear vision."

Cullen nods, giving her hand to Freya as the older witch begins to chant. Cullen lets out a gasp as her head is thrown back, visions of vampire like Lucien flashing through her mind, a vision of her standing bloody with Hope, and a vision of Klaus' downfall. The last flash of the vision is what snaps Cullen out of the trance, it was Marcel. He was the friend, family, and now the foe.

"What the hell did I just see?" Cullen questions, eyes wide.

Freya jumps up, frantic as she makes her way out of the room. Cullen follows as they walk down to the courtyard, Freya explaining on the way. "Vincent told me he found a way to extract the serum from Aurora, I was busy at the time but if Vincent did steal the serum... If he.. gave it to Marcel."

"We're in trouble." Cullen finishes, the witches glancing at one another.

Freya sighs, nodding her head. "Yeah."

"Okay." Cullen mumbles, pulling out her phone. "You go check fo the serum I'll call Elijah. Klaus doesn't need to know until we're sure."

Both women separate, Freya going to Aurora's body, Cullen dialing Elijah's number. After briefly explaining the situation Elijah was entering the house, a frightened look on his face. "The serum." Freya speaks up, entering the room. "There's no trace of it in her. We need to warn Klaus."

Elijah nods, trying to call Klaus, but he got no answer. "He's not answering."

"Elijah, the power I stole from the Ancestors, it was enough to deal with Lucien, but that power's faded. If Marcel takes that serum and becomes the beast foretold in the prophecy, I won't be able to stop him." Freya tells her brother.

"Locate Niklaus." Elijah states before turning to Cullen. "We will find Marcel."

-

It was dark by the time Elijah and Cullen found Marcel. Him and Klaus were at a bridge that Elijah claimed meant something. "Gentlemen." Elijah raises his voice, causing both Marcel and Klaus to turn towards him and Cullen. "Am I interrupting something?"