xxvi. wild beauty, wild magic

CULLEN OPENS HER eyes, taking in her candle lit room

CULLEN OPENS HER eyes, taking in her candle lit room. She sits up in her bed, an odd feeling washing over her. Like she was being watched. Glancing through the door leading into Hope's room, she stills, noticing Rebekah.

"Rebekah." Cullen calls, getting out of bed. "What are you-"

Before she can finish her sentence Rebekah turns towards her, using her magic to send her flying across the room. At the commotion Klaus runs into Cullen's room.

"Rebekah! What are you doing?" Klaus shouts, moving towards his sister. Raising her hands Rebekah forces Klaus to his knees, the hybrid letting out a yell of pain. With Klaus' distraction Cullen's able to get up, speeding towards Rebekah. With her fangs drawn she lungs forward, biting into Rebekah's neck. Rebekah lets out a scream, pushing Cullen back before exiting through the balcony.

Once she's gone Klaus and Cullen jump up, hurrying to their daughter. They look down at her, seeing she's okay before they turn to one another, worried expressions carved into their faces.

-

"I should really stop packing these away." Klaus drawls, rummaging through a cabinet before pulling out a pair of magic cancelling hand cuffs. "There's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling." Klaus walks across the room, handing the cuffs to Marcel. "Find Rebekah-- or Eva, or whoever the bloody hell that was-- use these to stop her from doing magic. And don't hurt her. The non-psychopathic bits are still my sister."

Marcel nods. "Alright, I won't be the only one looking for her. She killed witch-kids. The twenty-four hour hold that Elijah got the covens to agree to? Ended at midnight. Every witch in the city is gonna be gunning for her."

"Go to Elijah." Klaus points to Cullen. "Get him to charm his elderly witch into calling off the hunt."

"And leave Hope?" Cullen's eyebrows furrow. "Don't you think I should stay here and protect our daughter?"

"Hayley has been working night and day to secure this compound, surrounding it with her werewolf army. Not to mention the fact that I'm here, and I know the best way to protect our child is to get Rebekah out of that serial killer's body and back into the original model." Klaus quips.

"Hmm." Cullen hums. "And, what will you be doing while we're out doing all the dirty work?"

"Why, tending to the even dirtier work, as usual." Klaus states.

-

"Madame LaRue." Elijah greets as him and Cullen enter her house.

"Mr. Mikaelson." Josephine greets Elijah back before taking a seat. Elijah and Cullen glance at one another before taking a seat across from the old woman.

"Have you come to impress me with another one of your rare talents?" Josephine questions, nodding her head towards Cullen. "What, pray tell, does this one do?"