xli. cullen mikaelson

"DAVINA'S DEAD

"DAVINA'S DEAD." THE words strike Cullen, the woman freezing.

"What?" Cullen looks up from the spell she had been working on.

"Kol." Elijah sighs. "He killed her. We need to bring her back."

"Kol killed Davina?" Cullen repeats, still not fulling graphing the situation. "Kol killed the woman he loves?"

"It was the Ancestors." Freya speaks up, entering the courtyard, Klaus following behind her. "I'll draw Davina's spirit to a circle. As long as she's there, the Ancestors won't be able to torment her. With luck that will buy you some time to find a way to resurrect her, but I'll need Cullen's help if I'm going to sustain the spell."

"Yeah." Cullen nods. "Of course."

Before anyone can speak the candles on the table in front of them spark, drawing everyones attention to them. "That can't be good." Elijah drawls.

"My early warning system." Freya explains. "I think a New Orleans witch is trying to meddle with one of you."

"Lucien has the new Regent at his beck and call. It's me he's coming after." Klaus replies. The sound of a fire spreading catches their attention as Rebekah's portrait goes up in flames.

"No. He's going after Rebekah." Freya states.

"Presumably, Lucien still believes she's at the bottom of the ocean." Elijah voices.

"I cloaked all of you, but with the Ancestors working for Lucien, it may take awhile, but if he wants to find Rebekah, he will." Freya tells them.

"I'll go get her." Klaus speaks up.

"It's not safe out there." Freya stops him.

"What then?" Klaus shouts. "Are we to sit here and play cards until Lucien slides Rebekah's bitten corpse down the hall?"

"Let me go." Elijah steps forward, attempting to walk past Klaus.

"I moved her." Klaus grabs ahold of his brother. "What, don't look so surprised. I never did like you two sharing secrets."

"Tell me where she is." Elijah cuts him off. "Unless you expect me to stay here and leave our sister entirely defenseless."

"I expect you to listen to me. Stay here, save Davina. Lord knows we can never have too many witches on our side. Lucien deserves our collective ire. Today, your grievances are tabled." Klaus finishes, walking past Elijah.

Cullen watches Klaus walk out, shaking her head at his stubbornness. Turning to Freya, she places a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Don't let Davina die. She's just a kid."

Freya nods, placing her hand on top of Cullen's. "Go make sure my brother doesn't get himself killed."

Cullen smiles slightly, grabbing the car keys Klaus forgot. Making her way outside she watches as he starts to open the car door, moving forward she places her hand on the door, shutting it before it can open. Klaus spins around to face Cullen, a look of annoyance on his face. "Seriously?"