xxxiii. death, she doesn't give a damn

CULLEN LETS OUT a groan as her eyes begin to adjust to the low light

CULLEN LETS OUT a groan as her eyes begin to adjust to the low light. Her head is filled with confusion as she looks around the room. The last thing she remembered was laying down in Klaus' bed and then the rest is blank. The first give away that she's somewhere she's not supposed to be is the chains connecting her to her seat. The next is the vervain she feels pumping through her body.

"Oh, good." A voice speaks up, causing Cullen to look up, her vision clearing just in time to see Tristan enter the room.

"What- What the hell am I doing here?" Cullen mumbles, trying to pull on her restraints, but she was weak. Her magic was suppressed and her blood was probably more vervain than it was actual blood.

"You're here to send a message." Tristan states before glancing behind him. "Bring them in." Cullen watches as two figures are brought into the room; they are pushed down into the seats across from here, heads covered by bags. The heretics eyes widen as their identities are revealed, the chains on wrists rattling as she tries to break free.

"Let them go." Cullen glares. "Let Hayley and Jackson go now."

"I don't think so." Tristan shakes his head. "No I think I'll give all of you a bit of time to say goodbye, but don't fret. I will be back soon." Cullen watches in anger as Tristan and his men leave the room, giving Cullen time to question Hayley and Jackson.

"How did they get ahold of you?" Cullen leans forward in her seat, trying to move closer to the wolves.

"We were in the Bayou." Hayley explains before glancing towards her quiet husband. "Jackson? Jackson your leg." At Hayley's words Cullen's attention moves to Jackson's bloody leg, even with wolf healing it seemed like a lost cause.

"Okay." Cullen raises her voice, trying to get Hayley from panicking. "Just breathe. When we get a chance to fight, be ready."

Jackson shakes his head. "Guys. Guys, listen. I don't know if I'm gonna get that chance--"

"Stop." Hayley cuts him off. "We are gonna get out of here, Jack. All three of us."

"I love you. Okay? I've... I've always loved you." Jackson ignores Hayley words.

"Jackson." Cullen cuts him off, tears coming to her eyes as she knows he's accepted his fate. "Stop. We are going to get out of this."

"Just let me." Jackson mumbles before turning to Hayley. "When I first saw you, I broke. You broke me, and nothing has ever been the same since. I just want you to know that it was all real. Every moment, every touch, every word."

"How absolutely darling." Tristan enters the room again. "Or pathetic. I suppose it's all relative."

"You let us out of here, or so help me, I will kill you." Hayley shouts, pulling on her restraints.

Tristan hums. "Somehow, I doubt it. You know I've been pondering this moment since you tortured my sister, Cullen. And then of course your family tortured me so I thought I'd get even." He points to Jackson. "A friend for a friend." Then he gestures towards Hayley. "A sister for a sister." Before Cullen can respond Tristan's hand is in Jackson's chest. It all happens so fast Cullen doesn't even have time to scream, let alone truly process what has just happened. Of course this doesn't apply to Hayley. The wolf screams in agony as she watches her husband's heart beat in Tristan's hand. The severity crashes down onto Cullen as Tristan moves towards Hayley. That is when Cullen begins to scream.