x. down one sibling

"ELIJAH

"ELIJAH. YOU'RE BACK." Cullen exclaims, entering the room. "Did you find anythi-" She cuts herself off as she watches Elijah strip off his shirt to reveal black ink scribbled all over his skin. Cullen furrows her eyebrows glancing towards Marcel and Hayley, the latter who they had called to help the search for Rebekah and Klaus. "What is happening?"

"Hayley, I need you to make a list of these names." Elijah begins, turning to the brunette.

Cullen moves closer to Elijah, picking up his wrist, noticing a familiar name. "Sabine? Elijah, what is this?"

"I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries." Elijah explains.

"It's called a Devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it, and it disappears." Marcel tells them, handing Hayley a pen and paper.

"Why? What's the point?" Hayley questions.

"Celeste forced me to make a choice between Cullen and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer." Elijah remarks. "To find Klaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names."

The group nods before Marcel speaks up, pointing to Elijah's arm. "The name next to Sabine... Annie La Fleur, she's the witch that was shunned from her coven just over a year ago. Never knew why, but I can find out."

-

"Find anything about Clara, the mystery witch?" Marcel questions, entering the study with Elijah. While the two men had gone out searching for more answers about where Klaus and Rebekah could be Cullen and Hayley stayed behind to do some research of their own.

"Not much." Cullen shakes her head, glancing down at her computer. "She was a nurse at the Fleur-de-Lis Sanitarium. Recognize her? Top row, second from the right."

"No. I don't." Elijah states, looking closely at the black and white picture. "Marcel? Do I need to remind you that Niklaus and Rebekah are somewhere suffering horribly? If you know something, talk."

"The Sanitarium. That's where you'll find them." Marcel exclaims.

"Are you sure? How do you know?" Hayley questions, a confused expression on her face.

"I just know." Marcel mumbles.

"How do you know?" Elijah continues to interrogate that man.

Marcel sighs before speaking. "If I'm right, you need to know exactly what we're walking into. We did something, Rebekah and I... I think the witches are trying to use it against her. It was, uh... something that you're not gonna like." Cullen's eyes widen as Marcel tells them his story. About how him and Rebekah summoned Mikael to New Orleans in 1919.

"For the better part of a century, I have wondered how Father found us, what foolish mistake that we had made to destroy our time in the one place that we could finally call home. Did you know, I even blamed myself for a time, Marcellus?" Elijah questions, stepping closer to Marcel. Before Marcel can respond Elijah already has him by the throat, pinned up against the wall.