lxvii. mystic falls

"CULLEN

"CULLEN." KLAUS CALLS as he barges into her apartment. "Get in the car you and I are taking Hope on a trip."

"Klaus I can't be around her." Cullen reminds him. The spell from yesterday had worn off.

"Davina and Freya have placed another one on you." Klaus informs her. "They told me it wouldn't last as long so we need to leave now."

"Where are we going?" Cullen questions as she grabs a couple essentials before following Klaus out of the building only to see a sleeping Hope already in the car.

"We are going to Mystic Falls." Klaus states. "I have a plan to save Hope."

-

The entire drive to Mystic Falls Klaus would not reveal his plan to Cullen, only telling her that it would save Hope so while he worked on it Cullen would spend the day with Hope, making sure nothing else happens to her. Her first full moon was tonight and from what they had gathered it would be terminal which only caused Cullen to worry more. She wasn't a wolf, she didn't know how to prepare Hope and with Klaus gone she didn't have anyone that did.

"What are we even doing here?" Hope sighs as they take a seat in front of the Mystic Grill. "Why aren't we home?"

"Your father has a plan." Cullen tells her.

"Dad and his plans." Hope mumbles, taking a sip from her drink.

"Yes your father does usually have a thing or two up his sleeve." Cullen comments. "Though the number of casualties usually piles up before he reaches his end goal."

"I know." Hope nods, pointing towards the grill. "There's a plaque inside near the dartboard for some woman that he killed in a moonstone ritual."

"Peanut butter blast, whipped cream on the bottom." A waitress interrupts, handing Hope her milkshake. "Just how you like it."

"Thanks, Lucy." Hope smiles at the girl.

"Yeah." Lucy nods awkwardly.

"Uh, this is my mom." Hope speaks up, gesturing to Cullen.

Lucy smiles, sticking her hand out for Cullen to shake. "Nice to meet you, Miss James." Cullen smiles, shaking the girls hand. It was obvious that Hope had some sort of crush on the girl.

"So, Hope. You haven't been around much lately." Lucy changes the subject, turning back to Hope.

"Oh, yeah, there's been stuff back at home." Hope supplies, trying not to think about that "stuff".

"Oh. Well, I was, I was hoping you'd be back." Lucy stutters out. "I mean, you're from New Orleans, right? I've always wanted to go. It's home to some of the greatest musicians of all time."

"You should go." Hope smiles before a table of boys begin throwing food at Lucy. "No matter where you are, there's always someone playing a Louis Armstrong song somewhere." Reaching forward Cullen snaps her hand around a piece of ice before it can hit Lucy. Hope gives her mother a pointed look in return, one saying not to do anything that would raise eyebrows.