xliii. the fall of the mikaelsons

"LOVE, WHAT ARE you doing?" Klaus questions as he sits up in bed, having felt a cold spot where Cullen usually was

Cullen shakes her head, looking over the map in front of her. "I didn't sleep last night. Something feels wrong."

Klaus sighs as he gets out of bed, still feeling the fresh sting of Marcel's death. "Well get on with it then." Klaus mutters jokingly, placing a hand on Cullen's shoulder. "Cast your witchy woo magic and see what's been bothering you."

Cullen takes a breath, shutting her eyes. "Calaste piso tal tras es tros. Calaste piso tal tras es tros." When she opens them, her stomach drops. The map was covered in trials of blood, Klaus' enemies from all over the world making their way to New Orleans.

"Well." Klaus drawls. "Seems you were right."

-

As the Mikaelson's learn of the new impending threat, they scatter. Each going their own way to find a solution. Cullen's just gone to find Freya when a noise coming from the study stops her. A vampire was standing over Freya, the blonde witch bleeding from her neck. Speeding forward Cullen grabs the vampires heart, pulling it out.

"What did they do to you?" Cullen questions, dropping down to help Freya.

"Poison." Freya mutters.

"C'mon." Cullen exclaims, pulling Freya up. "Let's get you out of here." Speeding out of the compound Cullen takes Freya to the unoccupied apartment she still had in her name. For now they could use it to stay safe from the hoards of vampires coming for Klaus. "Lie down. Don't move." Cullen instructs as she places Hope in the crib that was left behind from when she was still living here.

"The prophecy is coming true." Freya breathes as she drops to the couch, the poison already making her weak. "This is the day Lucien said would come."

"No. There has to be another way out of this. Especially with our magic." Cullen bites her wrist, placing it in front of Freya. "Here, drink. It won't cure you, but it will help you. Lucien has an antidote to the poison in his penthouse."

"Even if I was cured, the power I used to fight Lucien, it's gone. There's nothing that can stop Marcel now." Freya shakes her head as she pulls away.

Cullen's quiet for a moment as she thinks. "There might be one thing. Stay here, watch Hope."

-

After freeing Rebekah from her dagger-induced sleep, Cullen and Freya made their way to Lucien's penthouse to look for a cure. "It's not here. I can't find it." Freya speaks up.

"Calm down. Freya, think." Cullen instructs. "When you were poisoned before, Klaus stole an antidote from Lucien. It has to be here."

"There's no other place to look. If I can't find the cure, I will die." Freya states. Before Cullen can respond a yell sounds through the penthouse. Both Mikaelson women exit Lucien's room, stopping when they see Klaus and Elijah carrying in a wounded Kol.