xlvii. the hollow is coming

"OUR HOME

       "OUR HOME." KLAUS exclaims as they enter the compound. "Once the pride of our family, now a flophouse."

"Indeed, the mighty have fallen." Elijah agrees, looking around at the ruins of what was once the Mikaelson home.

"Where's Vincent?" Cullen tightens her grip on Hope.

"Right here." A familiar voice calls, joining them in the courtyard. "Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kid, you got to leave the city."

"Well, we're not gonna stay, are we? Your city has lost its charm." Klaus steps forward, ready to pick a fight with Vincent.

"What he means to say is that we're very grateful, just help her and we'll leave." Cullen pleads.

"Just give us what we need, and we will do so, happily." Elijah proclaims, moving back so Vincent can take a look at Hope.

"Okay." Vincent mumbles, kneeling in front of the couch Hope lays on. "Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a."

"Mom?" Hope speaks up, seeming back to normal as Vincent steps away from her. Moving forward Cullen pulls her daughter into a hug, placing a kiss on the side of her head.

"That's it." Vincent states. "Your little girl's purified."

"Thank you." Klaus nods.

"Now look, the only gratitude I need from any of you is seeing you leave the city." Vincent finishes, making his way towards the exit.

"Dad." Hope calls, pulling away from Cullen to make her way towards Klaus. Before she can get too close to him a dead crow drops to the ground causing Cullen's eyes to widen in horror. More birds continue to fall, creating a circle around Hope. Speeding forward Cullen grabs onto Hope, pulling her away from the dead birds.

"What is this?" Klaus turns to Vincent.

"I don't know." Vincent shakes his head.

"Mom?" Hope whispers. "Can you hear that?"

Cullen's eyebrows furrow as voices begin to surround her. "It's-"

"Whispers." Hope cuts her off. "Saying a name. Over and over. Kre Nah Han, Kre Nah Han."

Cullen turns to the only other witch in the room. "Vincent, what is that?"

"It's a nearly forgotten dialect." Vincent explains. "It's Creole. It means 'The Hollow'. The Hollow is coming."

-

"How is she?" Klaus questions as Cullen walks back downstairs, the sun now shining through the windows, illuminating the once homely compound.

"Uh, the fever's back. But she's not in any pain. She's asking for you." Cullen tells him.

"Well, make an excuse." Klaus sighs. "I'd rather my daughter not know I've gone off to murder witches."