ix. witch and werewolf business

"WHAT'S GOING ON?" Cullen questions, coming out of her bedroom for the first time that day

       "WHAT'S GOING ON?" Cullen questions, coming out of her bedroom for the first time that day. The added stress of impending motherhood and morning sickness did not mix well.

Elijah turns to Cullen, surprised to see her. "Rebekah is not answering her calls."

"You worried about whoever killed those daywalkers still being out there?" Cullen questions. While she may not be the busiest person in the family they still kept her updated. And with the Harvest ritual not working they knew someone must of taken the power for themselves, only furthering the fear in the Quarter.

"Frankly, I'm worried that she had something to do with this. She's very displeased with Niklaus, perhaps even conspiring with others." Elijah explains, turning around only to see Thierry sitting by himself. "With others. Thierry, is it?"

Cullen doesn't hesitate to follow after Elijah. "That's right." Thierry responds, confusion and a hint of fear lacing his voice.

"My sister is rather fond of you. Strange, she's not typically drawn to unremarkable men. Would you care to explain your sudden magnetism?" Elijah exclaims.

"I don't know what you're-" Thierry is not able to finish his sentence as Elijah grabs ahold of him, holding him by his neck.

"You can either tell me what you know, or I can distribute tiny pieces of you throughout the Quarter." Elijah threatens.

"She asked me to keep an eye out on witch stuff." Thierry struggles out, trying to breath through Elijah's grip. "I found something, and when I showed her, we were jumped by some guy. He desiccated her with his touch."

Elijah's grip tightens on the man. "Like a coward, you left her."

"What was I supposed to do, fight some warlock that took out an Original?" Thierry questions.

"Where was this, exactly?" Cullen speaks up, worried for Rebekah.

"The docks, warehouse 57." Thierry tells them. "I was just doing what she asked. You cannot tell Klaus about this."

"I shall take that into consideration." Elijah mumbles after throwing Thierry into the nearest wall. He begins to take off when Cullen stops him.

"I'm coming with you." Cullen states.

Elijah stops, turning back to the pregnant witch. "No. Stay here. The compound is safe."

"Rebekah is in trouble. I'm going." Cullen tells him.

Elijah stares at the woman for a moment before finally nodding. "Do not leave my sight. Understand?" Cullen nods in response and with that the two take off.

-

"Rebekah." Elijah calls as they enter the warehouse. Cullen's eyes widen when she sees Rebekah lying in a circle of salt, the same as the other two vampires who were killed. They run towards the blonde, hoping to help her, but they are both stopped by an invisible barrier.