xii. a visit from the dead

"DID HAYLEY SPEAK to you?" Cullen questions taking a seat next to Elijah

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"DID HAYLEY SPEAK to you?" Cullen questions taking a seat next to Elijah. Half of New Orleans was currently at Rousseau's celebrating the life of Kieran O'Connell.

"About the bombing?" Elijah drawls, referring to the human who had driven into the Bayou with bombs attached to his motorcycle. "Yes she did."

"Also what's the deal with these moonlight rings? Hayley told me Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds." Cullen continues, failing to notice Klaus' annoyed face.

"I will warn you, Cullen, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today." Elijah comments, glancing between the hybrid and witch.

"It's a day of peace, Cullen. Try and enjoy it. Our family doesn't get much of it." Klaus states. "In regards to your question the rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou, and in the time being you will stay in the compound for your own safety." Cullen rolls her eyes at his words. Her visits to the cemetery to see Davina and the other witches had been putting Klaus on edge. He constantly thought everyone was plotting against him. "But, right now-I'm gonna finish this bottle and the next, in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me. Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable, Freudian timing."

After a moment of silence Elijah leans forward. "Elaborate. Have you dreamt of our father?"

"Go ahead, have a good laugh." Klaus mutters.

"I can assure you there is no piece of this that I find even remotely amusing, Niklaus. Especially considering I've been dreaming of him, too." Cullen's eyes widen at Elijah's words, it didn't take a genius or a witch to know that dreaming of the dead- in the supernatural world- was not a good sign.

"What?" Klaus questions.

"If you are also seeing him-" Elijah stops when he notices Genevieve. "Perhaps our elusive, unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack?" Following his gaze Klaus and Cullen turn to look at the redhead, ideas of betrayal floating in both their minds.

"She threatened me the other night." Cullen speaks up, gaining their attention. "I thought I put her in her place, but who knows."

"Well, then." Klaus smirks. "What better way to punctuate a day of peace than by killing someone?"

-

From what Klaus and Elijah had told her Genevieve wasn't the one behind the sudden visions of their father, but Cullen didn't really believe it. She didn't trust Genevieve and after spending sometime with Davina she didn't trust the other harvest witches. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted when a swift quick was felt near her ribs. Letting out a groan Cullen places a hand on her stomach, hoping the baby would calm down at least until they got back to the compound.

"You alright? You look--" Elijah begins as the follow the parade for Kieran's funeral.

"A hundred months pregnant and pissed off at the world?" Cullen finishes for him.