viii. dead girl walking

"SO DAVINA IS missing huh?" Cullen questions, walking over to Rebekah

"SO DAVINA IS missing huh?" Cullen questions, walking over to Rebekah. A lot had happened the night before. Davina had run away and Klaus had seemed to make up with Rebekah and Elijah.

"Walked right out of the front door, apparently." Rebekah sighs. "Know anything about it?"

"No." Cullen shakes her head. "Her, Josh, and I talked, but I don't think I said anything that would make her run away. I don't blame her though, she must have realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches."

"Yeah well, I've never been a fan of the boys club." Rebekah nods. "Just wait, Elijah will join them and the three of them will be impossible. Used by the witches, lied to by Marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus. Just like a modern-day Casket Girl."

Cullen arches an eyebrow. "Are you talking about Davina or yourself?"

"Does it matter?" Rebekah mumbles. "Either way, us girls have got to stick together."

-

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them hexa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina." Elijah explains as they look over the pictures Davina had drawn of his ex-lover.

After a full day of searching and some questionable antics to locate Davina, the girl was back at the compound. "Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection." Klaus comments. "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence."

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?" Elijah squints at the sketches, trying to figure out why the teenage witch had been drawling a witch who had been dead for centuries.

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus smirks, taking a seat next to Cullen.

"Your prejudice is chilling, truly." Cullen glares at him.

Klaus goes to reply to Cullen when the sound of glass shattering from upstairs is heard. "Well, that's going well."

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Elijah sighs.

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus questions.

"Give me a month. I'll get you list." Elijah sarcastically comments.

Klaus laughs at Elijah's joke, stopping when another crash from upstairs is heard. Turning towards Cullen he allows a smirk to pull on his face knowing she would love his next words. "Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass." Just as Klaus leaves the room the entire compound begins to shake, almost as if an earthquake was happening. Quickly Elijah and Cullen run out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard.