xxv. the mikaelson sisters

"CULLEN, LOVE

       "CULLEN, LOVE. COME into the dining room we have family business to attend to." Cullen hears Klaus yell as she puts Hope down for her nap. Once she's settled Cullen leaves her room, making her way to the dining room.

"What's going on?" Cullen questions, glancing between the brothers. Things had been a bit tense since the wedding. After the joyous occasion the night had ended with one less Mikaelson sibling. The hex Finn placed on Kol had finally reached its mark, killing Kol in the process.

"Niklaus has decided to invite Freya to our home." Elijah announces.

Cullen arches an eyebrow, turning towards Klaus. "Freya? Freya as in your lost long sister."

Klaus nods, a smirk on his face. "That would be the one."

"Niklaus, Rebekah's situation has taken a turn. We may need Freya's assistance. So, whatever you are planning here? Don't." Elijah stresses.

"We don't need Freya." Klaus begins. "We have Cullen for all our witchy needs. And besides all I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative. You yourself said to hear her out."

"And you yourself said that would be idiocy." Elijah retorts.

"Did I?" Klaus looks up towards the ceiling, pretending to think. "Well, it does sound like me. Regardless, on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect my daughter, I'd prefer she share it on my terms. Ah. I think I hear her now." They turn to the doorway, watching as Freya walks in. "Sister! Well, come in. Come in. Make yourself comfortable." Once they are all sat at the dining table Klaus continues with his fake chipper attitude. "Freya, I asked you here in the hopes that you would share some of Dahlia's secrets. So, without further ado, let's get to it."

Freya clears her throat, glancing between the trio. "The first thing you should know is that Dahlia is the most powerful witch I've ever seen. She craves more power still. Right now she is like me-- limited to one year of life in a century. But, she wants to be free of that restriction. To gain true immortality. And that is why she will come here-- drawn by your daughter to take the child's power for herself. And she would kill anyone who would defy her."

"And yet you would defy her?" Elijah drawls.

"I don't have a choice." Freya states. "She will never let me be free. My one chance is to align with you and kill her."

Klaus shrugs, not seeming convinced. "Well, now that we're all suitably motivated, let's talk specifics."

"For you to understand, I need to start from the beginning." Freya takes a deep breath before starting her tale. "After taking me from my family, Dahlia used me to forge a new brand of connective magic, one that augmented my power even as it allowed her to draw from me. Once we were bonded, Dahlia became unstoppable. She wasted no time proving her might. The chief of a nearby village threatened to run us off, accusing Dahlia of witchcraft. She decided to make an example out of the entire encampment-- men, women, children. She killed them all with a wave of her hand. That was my first inkling of the power Dahlia had. Over the course of a thousand years, she's only grown stronger. And she will bring all her power to bear against you when she comes for your child."