16

He didn't know what to feel.

He was going to do it. His guy was telling him to just lean in and do it. He just had to kiss her and he would feel better. Everything would be okay. She would kiss him back and everything would be okay. Nothing would stop him and Jade from dating. Not his dad, not Luke, not Calum. Nothing. He is going to kiss her. He is going to make that mistake again. He isn't going to waste another opportunity. He was going to kiss her.

Ashton was going to kiss the girl he loved.

That thought makes his stomach flip. It brings himself out of his own day dream.

Love?

He wasn't sure if he meant love. Ashton didn't know if he had just meant to say like. That's all he thought. He just thought he liked her. Did he really mean love?

Ashton has yet to still have a kiss with Jade. How the fuck was he supposed to love her? Maybe it's because he's liked her for so long. Maybe the longer and longer you like a person the easier it is to fall in love with them. Maybe just by spending some of his free time with Jade, Ashton was able to fall in love with her so easily.

The thought scares Ashton. He can't quite understand why it scares him, he just knows it does.

"Are paying attention?" Michael snaps bringing Ashton back to focus.

The two of them were siting on Luke's porch as he worked away at his van. Luke kept talking about renovating it slightly to make girls like it even more. Ashton didn't want to know.

"Yeah, totally." Ashton lies. It's been three days since he had the chance to kiss Jade and there was no way he could pay attention to anything else.

"So...?" Michael asks Ashton as if he should be saying something.

"So what?" Ashton says dumbly.

"I knew you weren't listening!" Michael laughs and points out. "I asked you what I should do about Charlie."

"Well-" Ashton begins to answer but is cut off by Luke.

"Either fuck her, or let me fuck her." Luke smirks and takes a seat down next to his two friends. Michael gives him a death glare as he does so.

"Don't." Michael snaps at him.

"What?" Luke asks innocently. He then rolls his eyes when Michael continues glaring at him. "The way I see it is if you aren't going to have sex with her you should let someone else. Probably someone like me. Your best friend, a guy you can trust." Now it was Ashton's turn to roll his eyes.

"I don't trust you." Michael says pointedly before taking a sip of coke.

Luke puts his hand to his heart and pretends to have been shot. "That really fucking hurts Michael. That really fucking hurts." But then he begins to grin and playfully punches Michael in the arm. "You know she'll enjoy it." Luke says smugly before Michael stands up abruptly and huffs out.

"You don't get it." Michael kicks at Luke porch stairs.

"Get what?" Luke stands up as well. Ashton can only think about how stupid Luke is. Or he doesn't actually know that much about girls and dating that he would like people to believe.

Michael looks at Ashton pleadingly and Ashton joins the other two by standing as well. He puts a hand on Luke's shoulder.

"Michael likes her." Ashton says to Luke.

All he does is look between Michael and Ashton trying to sense some lie before shaking his head. "So?"

"So-" Ashton begins but is cut of for a second time today by one of his friends.