8

The loud beeping wakes Ashton up and he rolls over pressing his alarm off and stretching out. He blinks his eyes before opening them to see the sunlight escaping through his curtains. The beams of light highlighting the dust in the air. He really should clean his room. Most of the mess in here is Harry's, so technically Harry should clean his room.

Ashton could've just stayed in bed all day. He could've just slept right through tomorrow. He might have tried if he didn't her the front door slamming shut and his father's car start up. He must have been in a wonderful mood this morning if he is leaving just as Ashton wakes up.

"Shit..." Ashton mumbles to himself and rolls out of bed.

He literally rolls out of the bed and starts to lazily get ready. School is not what Ashton wants to be doing right now but if it's the only way he will be able to talk to Jade then why not.

Ashton finished getting ready in the bathroom, which involved getting yelled at by Lauren for taking so long. She seemed very frantic today in Ashton's eyes and he had no idea why. He also noticed she paid more attention to her hair and outfit choice more than she has ever done before. He chooses not to question her about it. Girls are just weird. Even thirteen year old girls.

After Ashton had finished he went downstairs to join Harry for breakfast. They spoke a little and soon Harry and Lauren were whisked away to school by their mom and Ashton was alone in the house. He still had a few minutes before he really had to leave so he just sat on his couch looking at his phone. And replying to all the texts Luke had sent him just that morning.

Luke: Football practise?

Luke: You weren't there last week so you have to come this week

Luke: Are you ignoring me on purpose? It's not cool

Luke: Because you aren't replying of these you definitely have to be there

Luke: Oh my god! Reply to my fucking texts!

Ashton groaned and realised that he should probably go. Not just because Luke is telling him too but also because if he didn't people would start to wonder why exactly he wasn't going. Then they would start finding out about getting help in math and then Jade would probably be brought into it. It would just blow into this huge thing that it shouldn't be. He should just go to practise. It'll be fine. Jade will understand.

He doesn't bother replying to any of Luke's texts. Mainly because he just doesn't have the energy to deal with Luke at all today, Michael too. Can't forget Charlie as well. She seems nice enough to Ashton but there is something about her that is just...

Ashton doesn't quite know what to call it but she just seems a bit off. Maybe it's only him but she seems odd to him. It probably is just him. Ashton can take time warming up to people.

Pretty soon Ashton is in his car driving to school. A small part of him wanted to knock on Jade's front door and offer her ride to school. But of course he chickened out and just drove himself. He is such an idiot.