35

Jade waits outside Ashton's door. She felt a little but sick even though just minutes before she left her house to come here she felt perfectly fine. She knew why though. It was Ashton's dad. She was feeling sick and nervous because there was the chance Ashton's dad was in.

Jade wanted to say something to someone, to anyone really. She had plenty of people she could talk to. There was her parents, Calum, his parents if she was really desperate, Ashton's mom maybe, Michael and Luke. She was most likely to go to Michael and Luke because she knows they know but she would probably have to talk to them alone, and that idea scared her. She didn't want to be alone with Luke, she could manage Michael, but Luke was a no go.

But it was for Ashton, so why not? Was she really that afraid of a teenage boy? He couldn't do anything to her and once he realized what she wanted to talk to him about surely he would be reasonable. Surely he would be sensible and act like a grown up. Ashton was his best friend and Jade would bet any money that he was worried about Ashton. Just like she is.

Just then the door opens. Jade sucks in a breath and is worried that it is Ashton's dad. What was she meant to say? Was she supposed to act like she didn't see a thing? That's what Ashton wanted. What if Ashton's dad was angry? Of course he was angry. He would probably be livid. Would he hurt Jade? No, Ashton would never let him. Jade tells herself this to settle that thought, but then she thinks about what might happen to Ashton if he does that. Her thoughts become unsettled again as those 'what ifs' start running through her brain.

"Hi." Jade is snapped out of her thoughts when it is actually Harry who answers the door.

"Oh," Jade feels herself relax. "Hi Harry."

Harry looks at me. Then he smiles. "Hi Jade."

"How are you?" I ask to be polite.

"I'm good." Harry replies happily. For some reason Jade is looking for any trace of a lie but she can't find any. His reply seems genuine. "Are you looking for Ashton?" Harry asks me.

"Yeah, is he in?" Jade says.

"Yeah, I'll just get him." Harry leaves me standing at the open door whilst he goes to get Ashton.

It only takes a few seconds because pretty soon Ashton appears at the door in Harry's place, smiley as ever.

"Hey." he says and pecks my lips. I didn't think he was going to do that so I'm a little surprised but still kiss back.

"Hi." I giggle.

"Are you coming in?" Ashton asks.

"Oh, um..." Jade trails off, looking past Ashton and into the hall of his house.

"It's just me, Harry and Lauren in the house." Ashton tells Jade. He smiles as he says it but Jade can tell he is telling me so that she knows his dad isn't home and she's not afraid to come in.

"Oh, sure." Jade replies and follows Ashton into the house.

Jade wasn't just hear for a random visit though. She actually had something to tell him, and she was going to make sure she had fun with this.

"Ashton," Jade pretends to put on a worried tone and sad expression once they reach the living room. "I have something to tell you."

"What's wrong?" Ashton shows instant concern, just like Jade thought. He grabs her hands and intertwines their fingers, pulling her closer to him.

"I..." Jade sighs. "I managed to get your result for your make up test today." At those words instantly Ashton's eyes widen.

"Oh," Ashton has probably already guessed the result by my tone of voice. "And?"