5

Jade didn't easily forget about her weird encounter with Ashton after the class she tutored. She immediately texted Calum to tell him about it.

Jade: You will never guess who was at the added class today?

Jade: Calum, seriously!

Jade: Calum you need to guess!

Jade: what are you even doing?!

Jade: CALUM!

Jade: CALUM!!!!!!!!!!!

Jade: So I'm guessing you are busy. I'll talk to you later then.

Jade couldn't deny she was a little annoyed at Calum for not returning her texts. Maybe she could call him but if he was studying his mom would have his phone so there would be no point. He probably is just studying and isn't allowed to look, or go near his phone at the moment.

Jade throws her phone down and rolls onto her side. She knows she should be doing something productive right now. Is there anything she might be able to study? But nothing came to mind. The only thing she could think of right now is Ashton.

But not like that.

First thing is, she was extremely surprised to see him turn up. To even show the slightest of interest in actually doing well in academics at school. It was actually really good of him to do it. Jade knew that he would probably get really badly teased by his friends because of it. Mainly Luke but he is still doing it. Maybe he is a little different than what he originally thought.

Second thing is his quick departure after the class. Yeah he probably wanted to get home but he had just offered Jade a ride back. Jade just assumes he probably couldn't be bothered waiting on her, so made the phone call look so urgent he had to get home to properly address it. It was just a random girl Ashton probably hooks up with.

Jade's heard a lot about Ashton and random hook ups. There seems to be, always, a girl after him even if he has just broken some other girl's heart. Even so Luke is probably got the worse reputation.

By time Jade should be falling asleep Calum still hadn't replied and Ashton still hadn't left her mind. Jade has suffered from not being able to sleep before but usually it is because she has a test the next day. Never because she can't get a boy of her mind.

~~~

Walking into school, Jade immediately saw Calum. He was by their lockers that were right next to each other. He had his open and was going through a folder before throwing it back in the locker in frustration.

Jade was frustrated too. Calum hadn't replied to her last night and didn't reply to her this morning. She could see the outline of his phone in his back pocket. She did her best not to storm over to her best friend but she is pretty sure that's what she did.

She roughly opens her locker and starts putting books from her bag into it. She is trying to slam them down as loudly as possible without attracting anyone but Calum's attention. It works and Calum looks over at her in surprise.

"What's wrong with you?" He laughs at Jade's rage.

"I texted you eight times last night and you didn't reply once." Jade explains to him, stopping the book slamming.

"You only texted seven times." Calum says in the know-it-all tone he can sometimes have.

"So you did see them?" Jade takes her math book out of her bag. It's her older version since she gave her new one to Ashton. She doesn't mind though. He shows some potential with math.