3

"If I asked you out what would you say?" Calum suddenly asks Jade appearing by her locker.

Jade jumps, startled by Calum's sudden appearance beside her. "What?" she asks, having no clue what he is talking about.

"If I asked you out, would you say yes or no?" He asks her.

"Oh," Jade hasn't ever really thought about this. Why is Calum asking her now? Did he want to ask somebody out? Is this his weird way of asking Jade out.

"I don't really think about you like that." Jade shrugs. What are you supposed to tell your best friend?

"Come on." Calum nudges her shoulder. "Am I datable?"

"In a way..." Jade says hesitantly closing her locker over and leaning against it.

Calum was cute and definitely one of the nicer guys at their school. Probably the nicest guy at the school. Jade has a theory that's why Luke targets him. She couldn't say she had ever seen herself dating Calum. Well actually, when they were about fifteen Jade was pretty insecure about not having her first kiss yet. Calum was as cute back then as he is now. She was pretty desperate. She just wanted to be able to say she had kissed a person, there was also a small part of her that wanted to know what the big deal was. Anyway she asked Calum if he would be her first kiss and he said no. Jade, in a fit of rage and defiance, grabbed both of his cheeks in her hands and smacked their lips together. It was the most unromantic first kiss she has ever had. It was in the middle if her bedroom and they were both kiss virgins. Because she had taken Calum by surprise he pulled his mouth away quickly. She didn't complain though, it was too weird kissing Calum. They kissed again after that but that was a big mistake. A big drunken mistake. That led to another big drunken mistake that shouldn't be spoke about.

"So why have I never had a girlfriend?" Calum complains to Jade.

"Because you have never tried to get one?" Jade suggests only making Calum scowl at her.

She laughs at his face and ruffles his dark hair. Jade met Calum in elementary school. He was the only person in the class that spoke to her and actually seemed to be her friend. They became best friends pretty quick. They were the quiet kids who say at the front if the class and did all their homework on time and didn't cause any problems.

They even planned on going to the same college together. Get out of this crappy, over heated town and maybe go to a college on the east coast. That'd be nice. All they needed were the grades this year and no distractions.

"Seriously Jade. I'm serious." Calum whines and leans against the locker.

"Where has this all come from anyway?" Jade was feeling annoyed that Calum had picked now to start moping about not having a girlfriend. A girlfriend is a distraction and a distraction is what will get in their way to going to a college somewhere else.

"I dunno?" Calum shrugs. "I'm nearly eighteen years old and never had a girlfriend." He sighs.

"So? I've never had a boyfriend." Jade didn't see anything wrong with not being in a relationship at this point in your life. It's not that weird.

"It doesn't matter. I didn't think you would get it." Calum says in defeat.

Jade is ready to challenge what he just said but something interrupts her. That something being Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford and, of course, Ashton Irwin.

Calum noticed then as well and his whole body freezes. His face hadn't quite heeled up from his meeting with them yesterday and he wasn't ready to take another beating so soon. Problem was Luke and his two side kicks won't really care about that.