51

Jade's mom was going to be home in two hours and the house was a mess.

Harry, Lauren and Ashton didn't have any of their stuff with them when they arrived exactly a week ago but there was two teenagers and two kids living in this house with no adult supervision. Of course the place was a tip.

As Jade was cleaning away at the living she refused to let her mind wander. Her eyes were red enough without having to add to it. She refused to let herself cry in front of Calum. After the phone call from Ashton last night she wanted to breakdown but she couldn't do it. Not in front of Calum. He was the real victim in all this, why does Jade need to cry? It should be him.

Jade had told Ashton not to come by, but that didn't mean say nothing. She expected a text, a call, something, anything! But ever since their phone call last night it has been absolute silence. Until now.

A knock at the door makes Jade jump. She nearly drops the empty pizza boxes from last night all over the floor. Jade sighs and puts them on the bunker. Jade was being extra quiet this morning because Calum was still upstairs sleeping. They, well only him, fell asleep pretty late last night. So it was actually this morning. He needed the sleep, but Jade didn't feel like she did. So she just lay with Calum in her bed for a could hours before coming downstairs and getting the place ready for her mom to come home.

Jade quietly passes through her hall to her door. She passes the mirror that hangs in the wall next to her door. She sighs when she looks at herself. She was pale and her eyes already had huge black circles. She had no patience for her hair this morning, as it just decided to tangle into one huge knot. She looked really bad.

Which was a shame considering who was on the otherwise of the door. But to be fair, he wasn't looking to hot himself.

Ashton's hair also seemed to lack any form of attention today. The normally neat, straight blond hair was the wavy, curly way it gets when he stops trying with it and leaves it natural. He had his hood up but took it down once he saw the door opening. Ashton also debated taking off his sunglasses but he didn't want Jade to see the red marks all around his eyes. He didn't know if it was from the drinking last night or crying just moments ago in his car, parked outside Jade's house. He also felt like he could be sick any moment. Like any sudden movement could cause it. So when his stomach dropped when he saw Jade's ghost like look he almost puked right then and there.

Jade beats Ashton to speaking first.

"I told you not to come by." She squeaks out.

"I know." Ashton replies groggily. "I thought I should though. Considering the way we left things."

Jade licks her lips and thinks of anyway to get Ashton to leave. Just anything.

"Can I come in?" Ashton asks.

Jade hesitates and looks over her shoulders and up the stairs to where Calum is sleeping.

"Umm..." she says unsurely. "That's not a good idea."

"Is Calum still here?" Ashton asks.

"Yeah." Jade replies.

"Then it isn't a good idea at all." Ashton nods. "It's best if I stay out here to talk to you then."

"Ashton," Jade sighs with tiredness. She jus felt so fucking tired. "I don't want to talk to you." She admits. "I don't want to even look at you."

Ashton takes the blows without protest. Mainly because he deserves them, and also because he wants them.

"I understand." Ashton says. "But I want you to understand that I'm not going anywhere until we resolve this."

"Have you seen your mom yet?" Jade quickly changes the conversation. She's not that sure if there is anything to resolve. After what he did... she's not sure she will forgive him that easily.