47

Jade watched as Calum played about with the bass. He kept mumbling shit and trying to tune it. Then he forgot what chords he was trying to play and pretty soon he was getting really flustered and Jade was practically rolling on the floor laughing at him.

"Stop it." Calum whines at her.

"You have like four strings." Jade laughs.

"You try playing bass." Calum demands and holds the instrument towards her.

"No thanks." Jade scoffs and swats his bass away.

Calum just gives her a smug look before going back to fiddling around with it. "So," Calum says, "How is the whole living together thing?"

"It's been okay." Jade shrugs. "My dad calls us every night and I have to prove to him that we aren't sharing a bed."

Jade was promising her dad that there was no funny business going on. Ashton was supposed to be sharing a bed with Harry in the guest room, Lauren is Jade's room and Jade in her parents. That wasn't exactly happening. Harry and Lauren would change sleeping places every night but Ashton and Jade would always be in a bed together. They weren't constantly having sex together. But they did on the night Ashton first got to her house. Jade's mom was also checking up on them all the time from Italy.

Calum then sharply moves his head up to look at her. "Are you?"

"Well..." Jade sighs, crossing her arms over her chest. They were both sitting in the music room and Jade had never even been in the department before. "Yeah." Jade tells him.

"So," Calum coughs awkwardly. "That means... you two have... y'know..." Calum obviously doesn't want to say it.

"Yes, we've had sex." When Jade says this Calum's face goes bright red.

"Right." Calum gulps. "H-how, how... um... how... was it good?" Calum coughs again and he can't even meet Jade's eye.

"Yeah," Jade laughs. "It was."

Calum just nods. "I'm surprised I'm still breathing then."

"What?" Jade shakes her head, not getting what Calum was saying.

"What did he say when he found out about us?"

Oh.

Now Jade gets it.

The moment she told Ashton she was a virgin had been playing in her mind since it happened. Why she couldn't have just told him the truth is beyond her. Of course once Calum found out Jade and Ashton had sex he would want to know how Ashton reacted to the truth about Jade's virginity.

"He doesn't know."

"He didn't ask who you lost your virginity to?" Ashton cocks his head in confusion and Jade just stays silent before she nervously bites at her nail. Calum's eyes then widen in realization. "Because he thinks you lost your virginity to him, right?"

"He just made everything so special because he just assumed it was my first time." Jade rushes out to say.

Calum puts his bass down and stands up. "This is so messed up Jade."

"I know." Jade shakes her head. "And I feel really guilty."

"Yeah," Calum scoffs. "You should."

"I know."

"Is I know the only thing you can say?" Jade wasn't sure why Calum seemed so angry at her.

"Why are you so mad?" She asks.

"Because as soon as Ashton finds out the truth he is going to kill me." Calum says.

"No he wouldn't." Jade is quick to tell him.