17

Jade had never been more happy for it to be Friday. It had been a long week. After what happened on saturday, or what Jade imagined must have happened, she tried to go unnoticed and avoid Ashton at all costs. It wasn't too tricky because he was avoiding her as well. At least he made it seem that way. They didn't talk until Wednesday and even then it was only about math and on the ride home they only listened to music. It wasn't even the CD Jade gave him like she hoped it would be.

Jade couldn't help but feel embarrassed and rejected. And she didn't even do anything!

It was him that leaned in. It was him that still stayed by the door and didn't move. He was the one who wanted to know all about her. He wanted to play the stupid music game. It was all Ashton. Jade didn't do a thing. It was all him. At least that's what Jade thought.

"Jade!" A sing songy voice called from down the hall as Jade closed her locker and was waiting in Calum.

Jade looked down the hall to see Charlie strutting down. Her long blonde hair bouncing about and her chest pushed out in it's usual fashion. Jade has come to the conclusion it is because in reality Charlie doesn't have much going on in the chest area.

"Hey." Jade says back much more quietly.

"So," Charlie leans against Jade's locker. "How did you find the test in math today?" Charlie asks. The last bell has rang. Why is she still here? Jade is waiting on Calum so what's Charlie doing? Unless...

"It was fine." Jade shrugs. It was more than fine to Jade. It was easy. She felt kind of bad for Michael though. He was sitting beside her and looked totally lost. Even though he is mean to Calum Jade couldn't stop herself from wanting to help him. She slide her answer paper over a little bit so Michael could see it. He obviously did because once the test was finished he gave her a little nod of thanks.

"If it wasn't for Calum I would have no idea what I was doing." Charlie announces flicking some hair over her shoulder.

Jade just nods in response. She was really hoping Charlie wasn't going to start talking about Calum to her. She couldn't deal with that.

"So where is Calum?" Charlie asks. "He is normally glued to you."

Jade shrugs trying to act casually but when in reality there was a small part of her freaking out about the fact Calum wasn't here yet. He was only on the second floor. Their lockers are only the floor bellow that. Where is he?

"He just had a music lesson, I think." Jade tells Charlie. Music is the one subject Calum took this year as his 'chilled class' as he liked to call it. He didn't talk much about it but Jade knew he was pretty good. Good enough for his dad to go and buy him a bass guitar because of it. Calum's sister, Mali, had always been the musical one in the family. Calum never seemed that interested so when he decided to take up the class Jade was a little more than surprised.

"Is he in Michael's music class?" Charlie says and suddenly Jade's stomach drops.

"What?" Jade asks quietly. Calum never mentioned the fact Michael was in his music class. There was probably two. That's why he never said anything.

"Yeah, Michael, Luke and Ashton all take music together. If Calum just had music then that means he gets it at the same time as them." Charlie doesn't realize what she has just revealed to Jade. She doesn't know that that's why Calum probably never talks about it.

Jade had always wondered how Luke, Michael and Ashton (she hates admitting it) had always managed to find Calum. If they have music at the same time as him they can probably just follow him out of the class and to the class. He's in their class for Christ sake! And he never told her! All he had to do was tell Jade and she could meet him outside his class and walk with him. This could have all even fucking avoided.