Epilogue.

1 Year Later

"It's good to be home." Luke parks the car in front of the coffee shop on the main street of him and Ashton's hometown.

"Is it?" Ashton says glumly and Luke just rolls his eyes.

"Everything is getting better. You know that, right?" Luke nudges Ashton's shoulder.

"I suppose." Ashton sighs and stares down at his hands.

"Listen, your mom is teaching again. Lauren is making more friends, Harry is going to be the captain of his school's soccer team, Michael is finally going to college, and me and you?" Luke smirks at Ashton. "One day we will be playing for the NFL, I can guarantee it. Is that not better?"

"It's just hard." Ashton shrugs. "Being away made me forget everything that went on here. Being back just reminds me of all the memories."

"It reminds me of memories too." Luke says blankly then shakes his head. "But everywhere we go has memories now."

"Right." Ashton nods. "Is Ben doing okay?"

"Yeah," Luke sighs. "I was talking to him-" Luke is cut off by his phone vibrating in his jean pocket.

Ashton and him exchange a knowing glance and Luke then huffs before bringing out his phone. He stares at the screen for a minute. Ashton can see him going through the motions of what to do. For a split second he thinks Luke might answer but then Luke throws his phone in the back seat. Luke stares straight ahead before shaking his head and sighing again.

"Tate?" Ashton can only guess but he knows he is right.

"Who else?" Luke rolls his eyes and sighs.

"What're you going to do?" Ashton asks.

"I have no fucking clue." Luke lets out a breathy laugh.

"You have to do something. You can't just leave her." Ashton says.

"No shit." Luke laughs loudly.

"Do you love her?" Ashton asks hesitantly.

Luke stares at him for a moment with cold eyes before saying, "Of course I fucking do." He then shoves open his door and climbs out if the car.

Ashton sighs and does the same, joining him in the sidewalk in front of the coffee shop. "Then do something about it." Ashton groans.

"Ha!" Luke fakes a laugh. "You are one to talk."

Ashton knows what's coming next. Luke always likes to mention it nowadays. Ever since they both decided to come home for the whole of summer really.

"How is Miss Jones? That was her second name, right?" Luke asks. "Jade Jones?"

"Yeah." Ashton sighs, he doesn't want to be a part of this conversation anymore.

"So?"

"So nothing." Ashton replies bluntly. "She will probably still be in Boston. I bet she loves it there. She probably doesn't remember me." Ashton then adds in his mind, I hope she doesn't.

"Do you love her?" Luke mimics Ashton from earlier. so Ashton mimics him with his answer. That only confirms Luke's guess. "So... yes?" Luke raises an eyebrow.

"Are you getting coffee? Yes or no?" Ashton asks. "What kind did Mikey want?"

"He doesn't drink coffee." Luke shrugs. "He says he has stuff back at his that he can-"

"Luke," Ashton groans. "Are you serious?"

"What?" Luke says defensively. "I checked it isn't beer or anything like that."