19

"It's okay." Calum just kept repeating that and rubbing circles on Jade's back. She was crying and her forehead was resting on Calum's shoulder. They were in Charlie's downstairs bathroom with Jade sitting in the bunker and Calum in front of her just trying to calm her down.

"I hate him." Jade chokes out a sob. she balls up her fists and rests them on Calum's chest. "I hate him. I hate him. I hate him!"

"It's fine. He doesn't matter." Calum was trying so hard to calm Jade down. He hated to see her upset or cry. It wasn't fair what Ashton said. He shouldn't have said it. It wasn't needed. Did he not see how much Jade liked him? What's wrong with him?

"But he does." Jade cries and Calum wraps his arms around her and pulls her closer to his chest.

"I know." Calum says softly into her hair. "It will feel that way just now but by tomorrow you won't even care."

It dawns on Jade that she won't forget by tomorrow. That's because she will see Ashton tomorrow. He will be in her house tomorrow and she will have to be polite and teach him math and be nice to him when all she wanted to do was hit him and tell him how much she hated him.

"I hate him." Jade said once again, but she knew she was lying to Calum and herself.

"You'll be fine. He doesn't matter, Jade." Calum says into her hair. "Just forget about him. You know he isn't worth it." Calum kisses the top of Jade's head and she stops crying at the touch.

She looks up at Calum's eyes which look as sad as hers but minus the tears. Jade didn't realize her crying ha this effect on him. She didn't realize that he cared that much.

Calum moves his hands from behind Jade's back to wipe away the tears on her cheeks. Using his thumb to clean away the water falling from her eyes. They just stare at each other as he does this. His dark eyes looking into hers. They could hear the loud booming music from the party but this moment in the bathroom felt so still and quiet that Jade could almost block it out. She felt at peace with Calum. She felt totally safe with his hands cupping her face.

"I'm going to take you home, okay?" Calum says gently whilst stroking Jade's cheek.

"Calum-" Jade didn't know what she was going to say next but she is actually really happy that she didn't get a chance.

The knock on the door stopped her from going any further. It was more of a bang and it made both Calum and Jade jump. Calum gives Jade a little nod before turning and opening the door to whoever it was on the other side.

Jade doesn't even hold back a groan when she sees Charlie leaning against the door frame. Her face grows wides when he sees Calum.

"Found you!" She squeals and dragging Calum out of the bathroom and away from Jade, making her feel vulnerable again.

"Charlie-" Calum says trying to grab Jade hand and pull her out with them but Jade just backs away.

"You are missing the party Calum." Charlie whines. "You haven't had nearly enough to drunk." She drags Calum out of the bathroom and Jade decides to follow them, not really wanting to be left alone.

The three of them stop in the kitchen and Charlie looks about the fridge for a beer or something else for Calum to drink.

He quickly turns to Jade and says, "I'm sorry. I'll tell her we are leaving."

Charlie turns around with a beer for Calum and a beer for Jade. Calum automatically turned it down.

"Charlie, we have to leave." He tells her and her face falls.