6

"Stop staring at her." Ashton gave Michael a small kick under the table.

"I can't help it." Michael tore his eyes away from the new girl, Charlie, to give Ashton a look that meant death.

"Well try." Ashton told Michael.

Michael had been staring at Charlie all lunch. She had sat at Ashton, Luke and Michael's table because she was already friends with some of the cheerleaders and other football players. Ashton couldn't help but notice that Michael had kept staring, technically glaring, at Charlie since the moment she sat down. Ashton had also noticed Luke's wandering eyes and lip bites in her direction.

"What's the deal with you two anyway?" Luke asks Michael.

"What do you mean?" Michael had to really try and stop himself from looking over in Charlie's direction again.

"You seem to hate her, but you met her this morning." Ashton says after Luke got distracted by some group of sophomore girls, who were giggling and looking in Luke's direction. They erupted into giggles when they saw Luke look back.

"We kinda go way back." Michael shifts positions in his seat. He goes from leaning back in his chair to having his elbows on the table and his chin resting on the palm of his left hand. This made it hard to glare at Charlie.

"Wait," Luke took his eyes off the sophomore girls. "You do know each other? How well?" Luke peered over at Michael.

"Please don't try anything with her." Michael pleads.

"Oh so you guys were... close?" Ashton guesses.

"Not like that." Michael says quickly after a lot of hesitation. he has dropped his voice to an almost whisper, which is a little hard to hear in the noisy cafeteria. Especially when the three of them sit at the noisiest table in the cafeteria. "Luke, just don't."

Luke laughs, throwing his head back. "Wait, so you haven't fucked her but yet I still can't." Luke laughs loudly but no one pays much attention. Michael's face still goes red.

"Luke shut up!" Michael kicks Luke under the table. Luke covers his mouth and laughs into his hand.

"Do you want to fuck her?" Ashton asks Michael and Luke stops laughing. Ashton and Luke both had their attention on Michael.

"I... uh... I... um..." Michael fumbles and fixes his hair like it was more important than the actual question. Ashton had always admired Michaels fringe. It was so long. He had never seen one like it before.

"That's a yes, then." Luke smirks at Michael, also fixing his hair. Now making Ashton fix his.

"No!" Michael says, extremely loudly. This attracts attention from some of the others at the table. A few of their other team mates look up with eyebrows raised and a questioning look in their eyes. The cheerleaders at the end of the table also look down to the three boys sitting at the opposite end. This includes Charlie. Ashton wanted to laugh at what Michael has done and how he has actually gained unwanted attention from Charlie and others.

Michael's face is very, very red now. "Can we help you?" He says whipping his head round to all the staring faces, making Luke crack up and Michael gives him look of warning.

Ashton was trying hard not to laugh. Michael can sometimes come of as this tough but dorky guy and that's what makes him likeable but never ever get on his bad side. The guy could knock you out just by one punch. Ashton's seen Michael do that before on the football field. It got him banned for the rest of the season in junior year. That was until his dad called the school and somehow got him to play again.

The others go back to their lunch and their own conversations, but their conversations are much more quieter than before. Michael has probably scared them. Luke is still snickering and shaking his head at Michael.