7

Jade has always liked going to math. She liked the class, she knew what he was doing and if she had to help Michael out every so often that didn't really matter to her. But ever since Charlie joined the class there has been this weird tension floating around the table. Jade could tell it was something to do with whatever Michael and Charlie had going on between them.

Sometimes Jade would be looking up and see Michael staring at Charlie when she was working or she would look up and Charlie was staring at Michael when he was attempting to work. It was all very strange for Jade.

"Jade," Charlie whispers. "Did you get six over five for eleven C?" She leans over to look at Jade's jotter.

"Yeah." Jade nods back and Charlie smiles proudly at herself. Charlie was smart and really good at math. She would still ask Jade for help sometimes though,but she wouldn't actually be wrong, she would just be making sure Jade knew Charlie had gotten the right answer.

"Wait, what?" Michael whispers with a sudden panic. "I got twelve?" Michael scratches the back of his head and furiously looks over his work.

"I can check it, if you like?" Charlie smiles sweetly at MIchael already going for his jotter. That is before he quickly snatches it up and throws it in front of Jade.

"That's fine, Jade can check it." He says cooly and leans back in his chair.

Charlie looks a little bit disappointed and lets her shoulders fall a bit. Her bright smile she usually wears disappears but soon after its gone its back again and bigger than ever. "Oh, okay." She chrips and gets back to her work. Not before giving Jade a quick glance and giving her a weak smile.

Jade didn't like being put in the middle of things. She often found herself getting put between Michael and Charlie though. It was extremely irritating. They would always get into some wierd whisper arguement that Jade wouldn't really pay attention to or hear and then somehow she would feel like she was in the middle of it. She didn't even know these people. She wasn't there friend. They should go cry to Luke and Ashton about whatever relationship issue they were going through with.

"You forgot to add three at the very beginning." Jade tells Michael after giving his work a short look over and handing it back to him.

Michael groans and slams his head onto the desk, loudly. And what looks like painfully. This draws some attention from others in the class, oncluding the teacher. All he does is roll his eyes and Jade is pretty sure she hears him call Michael an idiot under his breath.

"Michael?" Charlie shakes her head at him, but Michael doesn't answer. He instead pulls up his hood and keeps his forehead rested on the desk. Charlie continues to shake her head and chuckles a little bit. "He does this when he is frustrated." Charlie whispers to Jade.

"I know." Jade tells her. She has seen Michael to this multiple times in math. He wouldn't be able to do a question or he would get it wrong and then he would just, kind of, shut off.

"Ah, right." Charlie nods once again before her eyes go back down to her jotter.

Just as Jade feels as though she gets back to work without any distractions the bell goes off, signalling lunch. She sighs and begins to put her stuff in her bag. Michael seems to have stopped being frustrated and also begins to, agressively, shove his stuff back into his bag as well. Charlie is already all packed to go and goes over to the door and waits there. Probably for Michael. They sit at the 'popular' table for lunch so even though they might have a weird relationship together they still walk together to lunch and from class to class just so they aren't alone.

Jade heads over to the door too and as she walk past the teachers desk he calls her over and reminds her about tutoring tonight. How could Jade forget? After Ashton drove her home last time he hasnt really said much to her. He hasn't said anything to her, actually. Even Calum doesn't seem to be bothered by him anymore. To be totally honest Jade wasn't sure why she was so bothered by Ashotn not paying much attention to her. It's not that different from what it usually is. It's not like they were friends or anything. He only offered to drive her home because he was going the same way. That was it. So it wasn't the big deal Jade was making it out to be.