Prologue

"I don't know what you want me to do?" He yells.

Ashton doesn't like to yell. It reminds him too much of his dad. His dad was always yelling at them. And as Ashton stands here, yelling at Jade, he is reminded of his dad yelling at his mom.

"Just try to help me understand you!" Jade pleads with him. Her mascara stains her cheeks and her hair falls in dark waves around her face. There was something sadly, beautiful about her in this moment.

"I've tried Jade!" Ashton yells.

"No you haven't Ashton!" she retorts with. "You always say you try!" The tears are threatening to spill over her eyes again. "You always say you try. But you never do." She brings the volume of her voice down.

"Please Jade, you know how I feel about you." Ashton moves towards her but she backs away. He hates that. It again reminds him of his parents.

"No Ashton. I don't." She replies solemnly.

"Yes!" Ashton yells now. Jade does know. She has always know. She knows he loves her. It's just complicated. "I love-"

She cuts him off. "You say you love me but then you say you can't be seen with me!" she is telling the truth. "You go out with your friends and if you see me you pretend you don't know me! Do you know what that feels like!" She cries. "To have someone who you love, say they love you too but then pretend you don't exist?" She yells and Ashton flinches.

He is ashamed that it is true. Everything Jade has just said is true. He hates himself for what he has done to her. For months he has played about with her feelings, unsure of his own.

"Jade..." he goes to reach for her hand but she dodges him.

She picks up her coat, that had been lying on the floor after she pulled it off and threw it at Ashton in anger, And puts it on herself. Ashton knows what she is going to do. He has to stop her from leaving. He has to stop her from leaving him alone. But he has no right to.

She reaches the door and Ashton doesn't try to grab her back or kiss her or convince her to stay. Jade is disappointed. She had at least hoped he would've put up a fight, but he didn't.

She opens the door and pauses before she goes through it. She turns back and looks at Ashton over her shoulder. She should say that she is sorry or that she loves him or that maybe there is a chance for them. But she can't because none of those things are true. Maybe she should at least say goodbye. But she doesn't. She just leaves.

Jade leaves Ashton. That's how it all ends. But how did it even start?

~~~
Just a little authors note and hello!

For this story it's set in the fetus days. So straight hair, fringes, Michael is the tallest. They are all the same age though.

That's about it. Make sure to check out my other stories. Enjoy!