52

Ashton slams his locker closed and tries hard not to look down the hallway to her.

He had been doing to well to avoid her all week. It was only Wednesday so Ashton still had two more days after this to keep away. But he didn't really want to leave what he was going to do now to the last minute.

The envelope was in his hand and all he had to do was give it to her. It wasn't a big deal. But even with him telling himself that he didn't believe it. He was terrified of what might happen when he hands it over. He was afraid he might not be able to hand it over. It seemed so spiteful and bitter. But that's who he is. He was a spiteful and bitter guy that was mad at the world, right? That's who he was before Jade anyway.

Ashton takes long strides down the hall to her, he glares at anyone who dares looks at him, hoping that it would be enough for then to stop paying attention to what he is doing.

"Here." Ashton carelessly chucks the envelope into Jade's open locker as she flinches slightly. He didn't know why, but he didn't like it.

"What-?"

"Have fun with Calum." Ashton says before she gets a chance to turn around and ask whatever she was about to ask.

He makes his way back to his locker, a little light headed and dizzy. He couldn't even look at her properly. After what she did and what she admitted to... He can't believe what she did.

Who lies about that? Ashton would never lie about that to Jade. Especially not if he knew the person he lost his virginity to was going to hurt her. Out of everyone why did have to be Calum? And why did it have to hurt so much?

She loves him. She loves him so much and Ashton finally understands why.

"What are these?" Ashton hears a timid little voice say next to him. He doesn't even have to look.

"Prom tickets." Ashton opens his locker back up and pretends not to even care that Jade is talking to him.

"I know but," Jade sighs. "Why are you giving them to me?"

"I bought them for us." Ashton says coldly, trying to sound as harsh as possible. "I don't think we need them now, you and Calum can have them."

"You bought us prom tickets?" Jade asks with disbelief.

Ashton scoffs. "Of course I did."ashton jerks open his bag and starts taking books out of it to throw into his locker. He didn't even know what books, he just wanted to make noise and look distracted.

"Were you ever going to ask me?" Jade says quietly.

"Yes." Ashton replies back blankly.

"When?" Jade asks.

"When I wanted to." Ashton tells her.

"So that was never, right?"

"Excuse me?" Ashton slowly turns around to look at her.

"The prom is Saturday." Jade says back, she bites her lip out of nervousness. "You must of got these tickets a while ago."

"So?" Ashton doesn't care what she is about to accuse him off. He doesn't care anymore. Well, that isn't exactly true.

"So," Jade sighs. "If you were going to ask me you would've done it when you got the tickets. And if you did ask me I imagine our night would be more like you and me driving to prom together. Not speaking throughout the actual night, you would be with your friends and I would be with mine," Ashton wants to ask when she as more than one friend but kept his mouth shut when he remembered the kids from his tutoring class and also because she would probably slap him, or cry. Crying would be worse.