39

"Jade fucking Jones." Someone purrs in my ear as I try to regain my breathing. I recognize the voice and know who it is. I put back on a fake smile and turn around.

"Luke fucking Hemmings." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Wow," Luke smirks. "Someone is feeling confident tonight. That's new."

There wasn't a lot of space between us but I didn't feel uncomfortable. I felt awkward but wasn't getting annoyed at Luke. He wasn't stepping on any toes, not yet anyway.

"It the alcohol." My cheeks were flushing.

Luke hums a response. "I feel the same." Luke moves an inch closer to me. I still feel okay. If anything did get out of hand though, Ashton would show up and save me. He would. No matter how much we would yell at each other he will show up.

"Okay." I nod and look down at my feet and then back up to see the blond boy staring me straight in the eyes.

"Can I get you anything else to drink?" He asks me politely.

"Just a water." I say. I really needed one. My throat was scratchy and my mouth was dry.

"Sure." Luke goes over to his fridge and pulls out a bottle. He hands me it and I thank him, and take a sip.

"You don't drink much, do you?" Luke asks with a slight smirk.

"Nope." I shake my head.

"Because it's illegal?" He asks me.

I just shrug. I've been drunk before and it didn't end well. It ended with me and Calum.

Luke smiles. "So what brings you here?"

"Charlie." I lie. "She brought me along."

"Remind me to thank her later." Luke says and I just cock my head to the side, not sure what he meant. I didn't have time to ask what he meant when he all of a sudden closed the gap between us.

He pressed his lips against mine. The taste of bitter alcohol hit my lips. I realize immediatly what is happening and push Luke off me, as quick as possible.

"What're you doing?" I ask, feeling my cheeks heat up. I just kissed another boy. I'm dating Ashton. I just kissed another boy when I'm dating Ashton. I just cheated on Ashton.

"Oh come on," Luke groans. He grabs my wrist, rathe gently might I add, tugging me to him. "We both knew this would happen eventually."

"No," I say but Luke already has his lips back on mine again. "Luke," I mumble against his lips and push him off me again when his hands snake around my waist and his lips part mine slightly. "Enough." I tell him definiantly. I may be drunk but I can still handle myself with Luke.

Luke chuckles as he stands back from me, giving me a little space. The feeling of dread washed over me. Luke all of a sudden scared me. i don't know if it was because the alcohol in my body has stopped corsing through my veins and making everything clear again. The fight with Ashton comes back to me vividly. I shouldn't have let him leave. I should've made him stay with me, or even better, went home with him. He wasn't coming to save me. Not after the way I acted. I had to handle Luke by myself. I could do that.

"I'm going." I say quietly, brushing past Luke and out of the kitchen, my water in hand. As I walk through the hall i bring my phone out of my jacket pocket. I find it difficult to read the bright screen but eventually my eyes adjust. I make it outside and down the front steps of Luke's porch. I stand at the bottom, putting the water bottle on the railing around the porch, just above my head. I stare down at my phone, trying to find Ashton's name, but everything just seem so much more difficult.