40

Michael slides down into the seat next to Ashton at the lunch table.

"So..." he dragged out. "Do you think since Luke hasn't been in all week we can skip on practise tonight?"

Ashton shrugs. "I'm not sure."

Luke wasn't in on Monday. He wasn't in on tuesday, or Wednesday. He wasn't in today either.

"I mean," Michael continues. "We've played that stupid game he wanted us to play and schools nearly over, there isn't much point."

"I guess not." Ashton agrees. He wanted to kill Luke. He thought he was going to. On Monday morning his heart was beating so fast and the blood was pumping through his body. He was ready to beat the crap out of him for what he did to Jade. But then when it became apparent Luke wasn't in he managed to calm down a bit. Then Tuesday he was just going to yell at him, maybe get a few punches in. Then yesterday he was just going to shout and scream at him, try and make Luke cry. Today he just wanted to know why. Why the hell would he try and do that to a girl?

Ashton glanced up and over to Jade at her table. She was alone just now, Calum hadn't quite arrived yet. Ashton was slightly pleading for her to look at him as well. He missed her like crazy. He had seen her on and off this week. He even dropped her off at Calum's house yesterday just to spend more time with her. Ashton still can't quite wrap his head around what nearly happened between them both the day after Luke's party. They were so close to having sex. They both wanted it. Next time Ashton shouldn't definitely plan it better. Maybe some candles, music, definitely have his room a lot cleaner. It was never normally that bad. After the party and dropping Jade off Ashton had to get his anger out on something. It just so happened to be his room. He will also make sure none of his family members are in the house. Luckily that could be pretty soon as Harry is going to sleep away camp with his school, Lauren and his mom are going to some weird spa thing that his mom had vouchers for, and his dad was going in a guys weekend with his uncle. Thank god! Ashton loved it when his dad went away. It wasn't just because he was free from him but also Harry and Lauren, and even his mom could breathe easy.

Ashton was going to ask Jade to stay at his house tomorrow night after maybe making her dinner or getting a take out. He was going to make sure everything went perfectly. Jade was going to lose her virginity the right way and a special way. Unlike the way Luke had planned.

"It's still on." A kid names Rory who is on Ashton and Michael's football team says.

"What?" Michael and Ashton say at the same time.

"Luke text me last night saying that I had to tell you all to be ready for practise tonight. Luke is coming in for it." After Rory is finished explaining there is a collective groan at the table.

Conversation picks up again, mainly about Luke and what he is doing. Ashton just zones out, not caring much about what was happening now.

Ashton looks up and back over to Jade. Calum is sitting down in the seat next to her and just at the same time the seat in front if Ashton is filled, blocking his view. Charlie sits in front of him.

"Where have you been?" Michael says harshly to her.

"The library." Charlie replies back.

"With Calum Hood?" Michael leans back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Is that a crime?" Charlie asks, smirking.

Michael just scoffs and Charlie rolls her eyes. Ashton looks back and forth between the two before Charlie catches his eye. She gives him a small smile, one of sympathy. Ashton didn't quite know what it meant.