31

Jade and Calum were sitting on his couch throwing grapes at each other to try and catch them. This is what they used to do on Saturdays. They would sit about Calum's house and do some studying but then get distracted by some stupid thing to do.

"He was really nervous." Jade continues the conversation they were having whilst throwing a grape at Calum.

He caught it and smiled smugly. Jade rolled her eyes. Calum always caught the grapes in his mouth.

"Yeah, well that's understandable." Calum tosses a grape to Jade. She misses. "Did he talk to you after?"

"No," Jade tries to purposefully make Calum miss the grape but he still manages somehow. "He was straight into practise afterwards so I have no idea how the test went."

"Right. It's game day today, isn't it?" Calum hits Jade in the nose with a grape and chuckles as she glares.

"Yes." Jade picks up a grape and just flings it at Calum's forehead. He finally misses one.

"Are we going?" Calum ask.

Jade shrugs.

"We can if you want." Calum tells her. "I don't mind."

"We wouldn't normally." Jade says to him.

"Yeah," Calum eats a grape. "But now you're dating one if the star players!" Calum pretends to gush and Jade rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, secretly." She mumbles and Calum gives her a sad smile.

Jade might have been getting sick of the whole secret relationship thing. Luke and Michael don't even know about the tutoring. Calum knows how Jade feels about it and feels bad for her. He says that he thinks Jade and Ashton are making it work though. Jade knows Calum wants them to stay together. Finally Calum is getting piece at school. Luke and Michael don't bother him, but that's only because Ashton tells them not to or stops them before they can.

"So?" Calum says looking at Jade.

"Do you want to go?" Jade asks Calum.

"Well," Calum sighs. "I wouldn't mind." He says timidly. "There are cheerleaders there." He shrugs.

"And Charlie?" Jade suggest to which Calum makes a disgusted face.

"Ew, no." Calum says and scrunches up his nose.

"Really?" Jade and Calum haven't spoke about Charlie in a long time. One reason is because it might cause an argument between them and they don't want that to happen again. Another is probably because Calum is still feeling embarrassed by it.

"Really." Calum nods. "I still tutor her but that's it."

Jade nods. That's probably for the best. "Shouldn't you be tutoring today?"

"Nah," Calum replies. "She cancelled. A family thing or something like that."

"Ah okay." Jade nods.

"And Ashton's at practise?"

"Yeah." Jade sighs, she misses him. She only saw him once this week and that was only for half an hour at the math lessons. He couldn't stay the whole time because he had to be at Luke's for more stratigizing. Jade could see the extra practise was starting to take it still in Ashton. He would do football every day after school and by Wednesday Jade could see he was sick and tired of it.

Just as if Ashton knew Jade's phone began to ring and when she looked down it was him. A huge smile appeared on her face as she quickly scrambled to answer it.

"Hi Ash." She says into the phone and Calum rolls his eyes. He gets up from the couch and goes into the kitchen.

"Hey," Ashton says in a quiet yet cheery tone. "Are you missing me?"