2

Ashton had always noticed Jade.

He noticed her the first moment he stepped out of his parents car when they moved in to the house across the road from her family. She was playing outside with a jump rope, chanting some silly ryhme. Her dark hair was done in two pony tails at each side of her head.

When she saw Ashton and his parents step out of their car she stared at Ashton for a while. His little heart did a flutter. Her big brown eyes squinting at him and his parents. He wanted to wave at her but she took off. She ran back in her own house leaving her jump ropes on the grass of her front yard.

He had kind if watched her grow up from that moment on. She was already seven and Ashton was just about to turn it. He never actually had a conversation with her, even though she lived across the road from him. She was very quiet and liked it when people didn't pay her much attention. Ashton respected that. They didn't go to school together until high school. Ashton was going to a private school down the road, whereas Jade went to the local public one.

On the first day of high school Ashton realized they were finally going to school together. He had planned to ask her if she wanted to walk home with him but he chickened out when she probably thought he was really weird for asking her now after not speaking to her once after all those years of living across from each other.

Even now, sitting in his car in the school car park, he wishes he could talk to her. Maybe give her a ride home. He was a senior for god sake! He shouldn't be scared of talking to the quietest girl in school. Maybe it was more he was scared that she would hate him. She probably does. After what he did to her friend Calum today she probably hates him more than ever. I mean Ashton didn't really do much. It was all sort of Luke, and Calum can be a bit annoying but I guess Jade just sees him as a friend and probably doesn't like people who beat him up.

Ashton sighs loudly in his car turning the engine on and the radio coming on automatically with it. It was The 1975. Ashton liked them enough but wouldn't say he was a fan. The music wasn't terrible so he didn't mind it. He didn't mind it playing in the background. He didn't really know what type of music he liked really.

On his drive back from school he passes Jade. She has always walked and made no attempt to ever get her drivers license. Her dark hair was falling behind her and bouncing of her back as she walked.

Ashton should just pull over and offer her a ride. He should. Why should she reject him? He was just being friendly. If he offered any other girl they would say yes. Okay, he's going to do it.

He pulls up along side her. She doesn't even seem to notice. She keeps walking. Her head is down and he has we arms crossed over her chest.

"Hey!" Ashton calls to her after he rolls down his window. She jumps a little at the sound of his voice. Her head whips around to face.

When Jade realizes that Ashton Irwin has pulled up along side her in his probably million dollar car a little voice tells her to run.

"You need a ride?" Ashton asks, his hazel eyes looking up at her.

She should definitely run. Why on earth would Ashton Irwin offer her a ride out of the goodness of his own heart.

"No thanks." Jade replies quietly. She puts her head back down and begins to walk away from the car. Her pace picking up a little bit.

Ashton isn't satisfied with her answer. This is why he should never have asked her in the first place. He knew she would say no. So why did he go and ask her? But now that he has asked her, he needs her to say yes. He drives a bit forward and meets her again.

"Hey!" He calls to Jade and she stops again. This time looking more annoyed then startled.

"Yes?" the annoyance in Jade's voice is evident.