53

Anne had given Jade the address of her and her family's new home. It was now a ten to fifteen minute walk from Jade's house. It wasn't too bad. She didn't really expect Ashton to be in when she decided to go there. She just wanted to say goodbye to Harry and Lauren. She expected Ashton to already be at prom.

Jade closely hugged her jacket around her and waited a moment before ringing the door bell. She should just walk away. If Ashton is actually in there would be no point in her being here. She should just leave. She didn't want to see him tonight. She couldn't face it after yesterday. It all happened so fast and one minute she is telling Ashton she still loves him, the next thing is she wakes up at Charlie's this morning to see Calum and her sucking each other's faces off. It was pretty disgusting and really confusing for Jade. So once they realized she was awake and stopped she let herself out.

The door handle turned and Jade prepared her smile for probably Anne-Marie but instead her smile dropped and Ashton's eyes widened.

"Oh." Jade couldn't hide her red face.

"Hi." Ashton says awkwardly.

"Hi." Jade bites her lip.

"What're you doing here?" Ashton ask her. His eyes glance down at her nose where a purpley/blue mark was forming. He had a bruise on his jaw. His knuckles were all cut too.

"I..." Jade hesitates. What does she say? What does she say to the boy who broke... no, destroyed her heart, over and over again? Is there anything to be said. "I thought you'd be at the prom by now." He was clearly going. He was in a black button up and a black suit jacket. His hair was still curly but slightly more styled. He also wore black skinny jeans and had a black tie around his neck that he obviously hadn't had tied yet.

Ashton shakes his head. "No, Luke, Michael and I make it a rule to show up to prom as late as possible every year."

"Oh." Jade says awkwardly. "Okay. It doesn't matter anyway." Jade already is turning away when Ashton gently grabs her wrist. He immediately lets go when he feels her flinch under his touch. He didn't want her to do that.

"Do you want to come in?" Ashton asks timidly.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." Jade chews the inside of her cheek.

"Please," Ashton looks at her with large eyes.

Jade can't help but give in. "Okay." She nods and he laces their hands together. It doesn't seem awkward or weird when he does that. It seems natural and like it should be. It shouldn't feel like that. They should be screaming at each. Jade wants Ashton to yell at her. He wants her to tell her how horrible she is, and how she doesn't deserve him. She wants to be called a liar and a bitch. She wants him to give her everything she deserves. But she knows he won't. Because he knows he still loves her too. Even if he didn't say it yesterday because of Luke. She still knows it.

Jade looks around the new house. It was definitely smaller. But it was nicer. Even though it was still littered with boxes and had not been fully decorated it seemed more homely than Ashton's last house. Jade could tell already everyone would be happier here.

"Where is your family?" Jade asks, as Ashton leads her down the hallway by her hand. He stops outside a brown wooden door at the end of the hallway.

"Lauren is at a sleepover and Harry's soccer club is having a parents and kids meeting. Mom and Harry are both there." Ashton opens the door and they both step into what must be Ashton's new room.

There was much. A white desk, a bed, a closet, a lamp for the desk, and then lots of boxes. The walls were white just now but there was a can of light blue paint in the corner that meant the white was probably going to go.