18

"Why don't you put it up?" Ashton suggests to Luke who was making him go insane.

First he would straighten his hair. Then he would ruffle it and make it messy, then he would brush it again just to straighten it and then repeat. It was so fucking stupid.

"Up?" Luke asks, looking away from the mirror and over his shoulder at Ashton.

"Yeah," Ashton shrugs. "Like a quiff."

"A quiff?" Luke repeats staring at Ashton like he had gone mad. "A quiff?" He says again with even more disgust.

"Just an idea." Ashton mumble slumping down some more of Luke's wall.

"Why don't you quiff your hair?" Luke turns back to the mirror and start smoothing out his hair.

"Mines doesn't quiff." Ashton replies. They should've left for Charlie's half an hour ago. Ashton still didn't even really want to go. He knew Jade wasn't going to be there because she would have said something to him. Or Michael would have mentioned it. Jade and Calum are smart. They both know it wouldn't be a good idea for then to go. They would just both end up in trouble.

Luke had spent so long on his hair Ashton was now dying to leave so when the time eventually came for then to go Ashton was more than thankful.

"Bye mom!" Luke called as they left the house.

"Bye Liz!" Ashton also said goodbye to Luke's mom.

"Bye boys!" She shouted back from the kitchen.

Luke just about opened the door when his mom came out into the hall to see the two boys off.

"Mom." Luke groaned slightly when Liz came through.

"Both of you be careful." She wants them. Luke doesn't seem like he is going to answer so Ashton does instead.

"We will Mrs Hemmings, don't worry." Ashton reassures her.

"Okay, and Luke," she turns to her son and he just glares. "Easy on the alcohol."

Luke groans. "Mom, I know. I'm taking the van so I'm driving. I can't drink." Luke tells her whilst opening the door.

"Okay, well that makes me just worry even more." Liz says to Luke with a smirk.

"Well you don't need to." Luke says half way in the house and half way out. "I have Ashton as well." he pats Ashton's chest and Liz gives Ashton a weak smile.

She knows Ashton well enough to know that probably doesn't settle her worry at all. Ashton nods at her. A silent promise to look after Luke tonight and make sure he doesn't get into and trouble.

"Okay then," she sighs and Luke is already speed walking down the path and Ashton hurrying up to catch up with him. "Just stay out of trouble." Luke waves over his shoulder at his mom.

He unlocks the van doors and him and Ashton get in. The van surprised Ashton. It was surprisingly clean and well kept. It was kinda like Luke was actually trying to keep this thing in good shape. Ashton also thought Luke was beginning to have an unhealthy relationship with the thing. It was weird how much he cleaned it actually.

"So..." Luke smirked at Ashton as he began to drive away. "You ready to have fun tonight?"

"I guess." Ashton shrugs and Luke scoffs. Ashton turns his head to Luke at him and sighs. Luke is still smirking. "Just please don't do anything illegal tonight and get arrested."

Luke's smirk drops and at first Ashton doesn't think he will respond at all but then he turns to look at him.

"I'm not making any promises."