4

She was standing in the doorway. She looked like she was seriously regretting coming to the class. Especially when her eyes met Ashton's. That hurt Ashton a bit but he couldn't blame her.

When he saw her he was confused by what she was doing here. Why would Jade Jones need to come to an extra math lesson? Ashton always thought she was the queen of math and wouldn't need any sort of added help. Then it clicks.

Because she is the queen of math and all the teachers love her, they probably thought it was a good idea to ask students to help out. Jade would definitely be on the top of the list of qualified students. Her, and her friend Calum.

Ashton is a little surprised that he isn't here. He follows her around like a puppy dog and never leaves her side. It definitely makes Ashton feel... something, always seeing them together. Maybe that's why he is such a dick to Calum. Well, Luke's the dick, Ashton just likes to sit back and watch it happen.

Jade bites her lip before walking into the classroom. She brushes back her dark hair from her face. She always has it down, Ashton has noticed. It is always quite messy and wavey too, he likes that about her hair.

She walks past Ashton's desk, not really acknowledging him. He just wishes she would pay even the slightest bit of attention to him.

When she reached Mr Rivers desk he looked up and they began a quiet conversation. Probably just talking about how they are going to deal with Ashton and the rest of the class.

Ashton is suddenly not interested in studying at all now that Jade is here. Why could he never just get over his crush in her. He has done literally everything he can think of. He has slept with girls that didn't mean anything, he has had crushes on other girls and he even had a steady girlfriend for a while back at the start of high school, but he still had bigger feelings for Jade. Jade who no one noticed a part from Ashton, and Calum.

Ashton feels his phone vibrate and the familiar 'ding' sound, alerting him someone has just texted him.

Mr Rivers and Jade's heads spin to look at him.

"Irwin, you know the rules." Mr Rivers warns him. Ashton should probably be looking at him but instead his eyes wander to Jade. She looks annoyed. She probably is. Ashton guesses she would probably be really against the whole phones in class thing.

"On silent or switched off," Mr Rivers says, Ashton looks at him now. "Or in my drawer until you leave." He adds, smiling slightly.

"Right." Ashton pulls his phone out of the back pocket of his jeans. "I'll just turn it off." Ashton lies.

He waits until Jade and Mr Rivers are back into conversation before looking down at his phone to see who texted him.

Luke: Where are you? I was at your house. But you weren't there. Your mom said you were out. Where are you?

Ashton sighs and puts his phone on silent, getting ready to lie to Luke.

Ashton: At the gym.

Here's the thing, if Luke or even Michael knew that Ashton was here they would skin him. Maybe that's a bit too graphic but seriously, they would kill him. It isn't exactly cool to be getting help with school from the school. Failing is the new trend. But Ashton had to pass because if he failed another time in math he would get kicked off the football team. Not only does that stop him from getting into any college but if Ashton gets kicked off football his dad would kill him. That would not be great.

Luke: Cool. I might join you.

Ashton has to think of something quick. If Luke goes to the gym and Ashton isn't there he will know Ashton was lying to him.