33

Jade sat on her kitchen bunker, just staring at her sandwich. She was playing with the ends of her hair, not wanting to think too much. She was too scared to think.

Thoughts about Ashton and that house and his dad and what might have happened... what has happened before.

Jade just shudders at it.

She shouldn't have let him go home. She should've made him stay with her tonight. Maybe she could've talked some sense into him. If he isn't okay this morning Jade will know it's all her fault. And she's realised she is thinking again, which isn't good.

Ashton said Luke and Michael know. Maybe that's the way. Maybe she has to talk to them about it. They'd probably wonder how she found out but she could probably get away with it since she lives across the street and she just happened to see it. But talking to Luke isn't something Jade wants to do. But if it's for Ashton, she has to. Maybe he will listen if all three of them kick up about it. Maybe then he will see reason and realize he has to do something about his dad now, before it's too late.

There was a knock at the door and Jade dropped the strand of hair she had been playing with and looks at the clock. Ashton was right on times to be tutored.

Jade originally suggested since Ashton has say the make up test he can relax for a bit and get a break from math, but he insisted they carried on as usual. Jade had a feeling it was just because he knows that outside of tutoring they don't see each other a lot. They barely speak in school unless they know no one will see them. Jade didn't like that. She didn't want to say this to Ashton though, especially not now.

Slowly, Jade made her way to the door and opened it. Ashton was as dimply as ever. His hair a slightly wavy way today, making it look darker in the light. Jade likes it this way. He doesn't look like every other boy in their school that way. He stands out and looks hot, in Jade's mind anyway.

"Hey," Ashton beamed and came into Jade's house. He kicked off his shoes at the door, something he has began to do. Jade liked the fact he made himself more at home now. It's like what Calum does.

"Hi," Jade manages to speak. She expected Ashton to be less... happy, today. After what happened last night how can he seem so normal. Jade felt herself going crazy.

"So," Ashton is already in the living, siting on the floor. Jade didn't have her stuff set up on the coffee table like she usually did. "I'm thinking we do some functions stuff because in the test I didn't really think I knew a lot about that."

Jade slowly makes her way over to Ashton. She was skeptical of the way he was acting. "Uhm... yeah sure." Jade smiles. "My stuff is still upstairs." She tells him as he begins to get his things out. "I'm going to go get it."

"Sure, babe." Ashton says and Jade stands staring at him with confusion. He must notice she hasn't left yet and looks up. "You okay?"

"Are you?" Jade replies almost immediately.

"Yeah," Ashton shrugs. "I mean, my shoulder and ribs still hurt from the game yesterday but the nurse said it should go away. No permanent injuries." Ashton beams happily.

Jade just nods and leaves. Not really sure what else to do. He was acting weird. Jade knows that people deal with things different way but that doesn't make their way always right. But it wasn't just that. Calling Jade 'babe' was knew for Ashton. He doesn't really do that? Or has Jade just not been paying attention? He's acting strange. And Jade needs to know why.

Jade found her math stuff by her desk and began to look through the multiple notebook for stuff on functions. Just before she found the right page she felt two arms snake around her waist and a pair of lips softly kissing her shoulder.