𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑

• ★ •

"no," nyla stated flatly, ignoring troy's puppy dog eyes and pouting lips.

the older boy opened his mouth, about to speak, but nyla cut him off.

"i'm not hanging out with vinnie hacker and your other sway gaming friends," she said, her eyes narrowing at her best friend. "troy, you know we hate each other."

troy shook his head. "well, maybe you can think about it as a way to... fix your differences?"

nyla sighed. "let me think about it."

it was quiet for a second.

"yeah, no. i'm not coming with you."

troy scoffed. "i don't get it. you two will make tiktoks roasting the hell out of each other but won't even meet face to face?"

"yeah, well, you know what they say. people are always braver behind a screen," nyla replied.

troy wasn't convinced, but he let it go. "fine. anyways, what are you gonna do for hitting twenty million followers?" he asked.

nyla smiled, thinking about her latest accomplishment on tiktok. twenty million followers, in less than three months.

"um, i'm going live and making some cake," she said. "do you wanna join me, bestie?"

troy pursed his lips. "you just want me to stay here today and not hang out with vinnie, right?"

the girl turned away, laughing. "yeah."

"well, i can't flake out on him again, so no, not this time."

he stood up, her arms opening so nyla could give him a hug. they embraced for a minute, and then troy headed to the front door, slipping his shoes on and grabbing his skateboard.

"bye, lala," troy said.

nyla rolled her eyes at the nickname like she always did, before waving goodbye.

the boy stepped out of the door, leaving nyla in her apartment alone.

nyla hummed as she turned her tv on and played some j. cole through her speakers, and headed to her kitchen, grabbing the cake mix and pots and pans she would need for her live.

she grabbed her phone, pressing the "live" button on tiktok, and placing the phone in her ring light, which stood on her kitchen counter.

"hey guys!" she said, as she watched people join the live. "i just wanted to say thank you so much for twenty million followers! i'm making a cake to celebrate, and i decided i would bake with you guys today."

she read a few comments, responding to them as she grabbed the cake mix, eggs, and oil, and preheated her oven.

user: i love your hair

"thank you! i might be dying it pink later, but i don't know yet."

user: what cake are you making?

"um... a double chocolate cake with whipped cream because i hate normal icing."

addisonre: hi bestie i love u

"addi!" nyla grinned. "i wish you were here right now. i love you more."

user: are you and troy dating?

"nah, he's just my best friend. i've known him too long to be attracted to him like that."

user: i ship u and troy tho
user: troy and nyla together would be powerful
user: troy and nyla are endgame
user: i know everyone ships troy and nyla but what about vinnie and nyla