𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐎

• ★ •

the premiere of nyla's new show had gone off without a hitch, but the girl would've enjoyed it a lot more if she hadn't been worrying about vinnie and what would happen when she got home.

she shot a tense smile at her manager scott , who nodded back, continuing his conversation with the person standing next to him. 

nai looked at nyla, concerned. "what's going on? you've been so distracted since you got here, ny."

"nothing," nyla sighed, grabbing a shot of vodka and downing it, ignoring scott's small look of disapproval. "i'm just tired."

"right," nai replied, watching as nyla swallowed another shot. "let's go somewhere else, scott's glaring at you."

the older girl grabbed nyla's hand, forcing her to get up and away from the alcohol. "nai, come on, one more."

"no," nailea said sternly, steering the both of them over to where addison and dixie were standing. "hey guys."

"hey," the two girls said in unison, putting their phones down. 

"congratulations, ny, everything looks so good," addison said, looking at nyla hesitantly.

"thanks," nyla mumbled, picking at the skin around her nails. "it was all scott's planning."

"he did a great job, then," dixie smiled, "i'm sure everyone will love the show."

"yeah," nyla muttered, her eyes brightening as she saw addison's glass of wine. "are you gonna drink-"

"nyla," nai interrupted, "stop trying to escape your problems by getting drunk."

"i am not escaping my problems, " nyla said, glaring at nailea. "i'm avoiding them. there's a difference."

"what's the problem?" addison asked, "is it about me and tr-"

"no," nyla responded, shaking her head. "i really don't care about that anymore. it's about my snapchat being hacked."

"can you still not figure out who did it?" dixie asked. 

"no," nyla said quietly, "the problem is that i know exactly who did it."

• ★ •

"you don't really think nyla sent those pictures into tiktokroom, right?" jett asked vinnie.

vinnie unlocked nyla's door with his spare key, the two boys walking in and turning the lights on. "i don't know at this point, jett."

"oh c'mon, it's nyla, vin, of course she wouldn't do that."

"it just doesn't make sense for it to be anyone else," vinnie said, sitting on nyla's couch while jett sat on the recliner. "let's just wait for her to come home so we can all talk."

after three episodes of a random show that jett had wanted to watch, the front door creaked open, nai and nyla walking inside, scott following behind them with a folder of papers.

he set them down on the large kitchen counter before walking back out, "read these and get these forms signed by tomorrow, okay? i'll have my assistant pick them up later."

nyla nodded tiredly, slipping her heels off and pulling her hair back into a messy bun, before noticing vinnie and jett in the living room.

"oh... hey guys."

jett grinned and waved, reclining his seat backwards, while vinnie just sat there, his arms crossed as he tried to ignore how pretty nyla looked in her dress. 

"she's a little tipsy," nai informed vinnie, ignoring nyla's groan. 

"i am not," nyla said, shaking her head.

"how much did she drink?" vinnie asked, watching nyla stumble over to him and sit down, covering her face with her hands as she leaned back into the cushions. 

"like three shots of vodka and probably some wine when i wasn't looking," nai said, ruffling nyla's hair. "don't go too hard on her, okay? i know you're mad she told you to leave kio's, but listen to her, okay?"

vinnie nodded, feeling nyla's head droop down onto his shoulder, a sigh escaping her lips.

"bye, guys," nai called out, "my uber should be here in fifteen minutes, i'll just wait outside."

"let jett drive you," vinnie said, "i'll probably stay the night here anyways."

"wait but i wanna know-"

"jett."

"ugh, fine. nai, i'm coming!"

and with that, vinnie and nyla were alone, the two of them silent.

"how was the premiere?" vinnie asked, draping an arm over nyla's shoulders.

"good," nyla mumbled, "it was nice. wish you were there."

"me too," vinnie hummed, "you-"

"it was spencer."

it was quiet, vinnie's body stiffening. "what?"

"spencer knew my passwords, it was him."

"i'm going to-"

"vinnie, please."

"why wouldn't you tell me, ny?"

"because i was tired of him ruining everything, okay? i just wanted to keep him in the past, where he belongs, and sending those pictures to tiktokroom was his last card to play. but now there's nothing he can do."

"how long have you known?" vinnie asked, standing up.

"for a while now," nyla sighed. 

"it's been almost a month since those pictures were posted, ny, have you basically known this whole time?"

"yeah," nyla nodded, "i did."

"so you've been lying to me this whole time? bryce sending that private investigator, me going to kio's, there was no reason for it?"

nyla gulped, staying silent. "i'm sorry."

"you know, i don't even care that he's the one that leaked those pictures, nyla, but you lying to me about this? that's what really bothers me. why are you trying to protect him, huh?"

"i'm not!" nyla said, looking up at vinnie. "i just want us to move on, vinnie. we can't do anything about it anymore."

"we could do a lot about it, nyla."

"what are you gonna do, sue him? his family's made of money, vinnie, they'll find a good lawyer and get the charges dropped. and if you go try to beat him up since you think you're some boxing champion now, he'll get you arrested. so no, vin, there's nothing we can do!"

vinnie scoffed, rolling his eyes. "you're a liar."

nyla looked at him, her eyes dark. "yeah, i am. and i don't regret it."

"i need to go," vinnie mumbled, "need some time to think."

"take my car," nyla muttered, pointing at her keys. "come talk to me when you're ready."

vinnie silently grabbed the keys and left the house, leaving nyla alone.

• ★ •

she speaks!

i see harry styles in two weeks i am so excited 

-n

• ★ •