𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘: 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐓

• ★ •

"he's fine," nyla mumbled, throwing her phone onto the coffee table and collapsing onto the sofa.

troy nodded, sitting down next to the girl and handing her a plate of chow mein. "what happened?"

"he was taking care of a friend," she replied, taking a bite of her noodles.

"well, uh, good for him for being a good person," troy asked, "but he really couldn't text you back at all?"

"apparently not," nyla shrugged. "it's whatever, i guess."

"it's not whatever, lala, and you know that. why don't you call him and tell him to come over?"

"i'm mad at him."

"so? if you call him, you can yell at him face to face."

"troy i really don't want to talk about this," nyla said, turning her tv on. "let's watch something on tv and get drunk."

• ★ •

vinnie walked into the hype house, exhausted. the house was mostly quiet except for a few voices in the kitchen.

he walked into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water and ignoring the questioning glances of mia and kouvr, who were the only ones in the room.

"what?"

"where were you?" mia asked, "nyla said you didn't pick her up and i couldn't call thomas to find your location because he was in a meeting."

"helping liz," vinnie replied curtly, avoiding mia's death stare. "she was drunk, okay?"

mia sighed. "well then why aren't you with nyla right now? i thought you were going to ask her out?"

"she's with troy," vinnie replied, shaking his head. "it's whatever."

"we all know it's not whatever," kouvr said, "did you two talk about it?"

"there's nothing to talk about," vinnie snapped back, "she told troy to come over because i wasn't there."

"so go there right now," mia said, "tell troy you wanna talk to nyla, and he'll leave. they're best friends, nothing else, right?"

"right," vinnie mumbled, running a hand through his hair. "they're just friends."

• ★ •

nyla sighed, leaning back in her seat as she turned her tv on, playing an episode of wandavision.

troy joined her on the couch, handing her a bottle of water. "i'm not giving you alcohol. it's almost three in the morning."

"you're a bitch," nyla replied, shaking her head. "i wanted to get drunk."

"i don't want to take care of drunk nyla," troy said, "you know, the last time you got drunk, you hooked up with vinnie."

the girl rolled her eyes, taking a sip of water. "don't remind me of that. now shut up and look at how hot wanda is."

• ★ •

vinnie walked up to nyla's house, standing at the front door. after a few seconds, he knocked, waiting for someone to answer.

troy opened the door, a look of relief on his face. "thank god, i can finally leave. she's watching tangled now."

vinnie scoffed, smile on his face. "of course she is."

"nothing happened between us, vinnie, i swear. i meant it when i told her i would always be her best friend. nothing more."

vinnie nodded, "thank you. and i'm sorry."

"it's not a problem," troy replied, "and you don't need to apologize to me. now go talk to her, bro."

vinnie sighed, nodding goodbye to troy and walking inside the house, turning as he heard a crash in the kitchen.

"fuck, nyla, what are you doing?" vinnie asked, helping the girl up from the ground, where a shattered bottle of beer was on the floor. "are you okay?"

"why are you here?" nyla grumbled, stepping over the shards of glass and heading to the sink and washing off the blood that was on her hand.

"are you bleeding?" vinnie asked, hurrying over to the girl and examining her arm.

"i'm fine," she mumbled, shaking vinnie's hand off of her. "don't touch me."

"nyla-" vinnie started, taking a breath, but nyla shook her head. "shut up, vinnie, i don't want to talk to you."

"can i just-"

"vinnie, stop!" nyla exclaimed, making the boy take a step back. "you stood me up and went to 'help' your ex, and didn't even text me for five hours. what the fuck am i supposed to think, vinnie? after all the shit that's happened with spencer i do nothing but expect the worst."

vinnie's eyes softened as he looked at nyla, "i'm not spencer, nyla. you know that. i would never do what he did to you."

"i know," nyla said, her voice low. "but- but there's always that thought in the back of my head and then when you're with her-"

"i didn't do anything with liz," vinnie said forcefully, "she was drunk and she called me, and nothing happened, i swear. just like nothing happened with you and troy."

"why would anything happen with me and troy, vinnie? i already told you i chose you, so why don't you trust me?"

"i do trust you, ny," vinnie said, "of course i trust you."

"then why'd you get so mad when you knew troy was with me because you weren't here?"

it was silent, vinnie looking at his shoes.

"it's because you don't trust me," nyla said quietly, answering her own question. "and honestly, vinnie, after tonight, i don't know if i can trust you."

"d-don't say that, nyla," vinnie stuttered, looking at nyla. "don't do this, please."

nyla swallowed, squeezing her eyes shut for a second before opening them, her vision blurred with unshed tears.

"i don't think that this is going to work right now."

• ★ •

she speaks !

not them breaking up

before they even got together 🙄

-n

• ★ •